Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bra Construction
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone successfully made a bra from Packet 1003? How does the back band attatch to the cups? When I matched up the markings, the band attached at such a strange angle that the bra would fasten in back about an inch above the waist of my jeans. It can't be right, but I don't see any other way to attach the band.

Also, how are the raw edges finished at the top and bottom edges of the bra? Is the entire bra lined, or should I turn under a 5/8" hem all around? It would be awkward to hem it because of the shape of the pieces. Does anyone know where I can find instructions to make the bra?

DonnaGee

Posts: 3 | Registered: 16 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me try and answer some of your questions.

A bra is a very curvy set of pattern pieces. It would be to your advantage to change the seam allowance(options> General pattern settings) to 1/4 inch instead of 5/8ths. This will sew together easier without the bulk which you will have to trim away later.

Fabrics, a lingerie quality stretch satin for the cup and a bra spandex ( power net) for the backs, and a commercial clasp hook and eye system for closure. Bra supplies are available on line.

Sewing order:
Sew the cup top to bottom half.attach the bridge and two cups.
attach the backs to the cups
check fit! Attach the closure to the back pieces
check fit! attach the straps.
Kaaren

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kaaren Hoback,

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that left half of it off that first reply.
Lingerie elastic is applied to the powernet backs along the top edge this includes the underarm area of the cup. Wider elastic is added to the backs bottom edge. Cups are usually LINED. So both the outside and inside are "finished". Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would someone please tell me how to unsubscribe from this forum. I've been looking for the last fifteen minutes for some box to check somewhere and haven't found anything. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you so much. Linda nelson

DS-Std 7.0, MPD 1.12, Fit Tool, Ultimate Pants, Essential Lingerie, Essential Men's Collection.

Posts: 26 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would someone please tell me how to unsubscribe from this forum. I've been looking for the last fifteen minutes for some box to check somewhere and haven't found anything. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you so much. Linda nelson

1. Visit the forum online at https://livingsoftnw.groupee.net/eve

2. Login using whatever user name and password you used when you signed up.

3. Select Go - Personal Zone - Notifications.

4. There should be a line there showing which forum topics you are subscribed to. Next to each, to the right, is a link labelled "Edit". Click on that.

5. Uncheck everything and click "Update My Notifications".

That should do it....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post