Find
Notify
Tools

Re buttons
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did try both links, plus the one on the website which was still red, but I was able to click on it,Ive also done as advised in resizing, to no avail yet.Those links were zip files,which i did unzip properly, and checked the correct desination it was unzipped to.I wonder if it best to uninstall DS and redownload again?

No, that won't help. I am getting very different results when I change a file on my own system and rerun versus installing from the web and then running it. I'm afraid that means the problem is not in the code I have, but in the launcher program. I need to get with Craig on that and find out what it is doing. Sorry, but you'll need to wait a bit while I work with him on it a bit...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Craig helped me track down a file that was left out of the patch. It was on my system, so mine worked, but not in the patch, so that did not work. I'm very sorry. My mistake completely.

I have added the missing file to the patch on the Livingsoft download page. Please try it yet again and let me know.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted 06 March 2007 04:49 PM
Craig helped me track down a file that was left out of the patch. It was on my system, so mine worked, but not in the patch, so that did not work. I'm very sorry. My mistake completely.

I have added the missing file to the patch on the Livingsoft download page. Please try it yet again and let me know.

Have Fun!

I hate to say it didn' improve the problem at all.
Marcia

Posts: 11 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Without that patch, my buttons are off the bottom of the screen. With it, they are not. I have tested that in the following screen resolutions, which I believe includes several wide screen formats:

1024 by 768
1152 by 864
1280 by 720
1280 by 960
1280 by 1024

I believe this one works properly with every mode I can test.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Llantrisant:
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:
The website one is still red,and I downloaded the one from the link you gave me.Neighther change for the better unfortunatly sad to say.

"The one on the website is still red." Does that mean you did or did not download and install it? I did not change the color of the prompt when I made it download properly.

As to the other patch, it will put the screen up in the same size you last ran in. If that size was too large for your display, then it will still be too large for the display. Resize the screen until it is not too large for your display, then use the File - Restart program to rerun Dress Shop in that size Window. If the Dress Shop window expands to full screen again, then you did not get that patch installed properly.
I did try both links, plus the one on the website which was still red, but I was able to click on it,Ive also done as advised in resizing, to no avail yet.Those links were zip files,which i did unzip properly, and checked the correct desination it was unzipped to.I wonder if it best to uninstall DS and redownload again?
I found the new patch on the website,TY and re downloaded again,but not working still,if i resize DS and restart it, I dont see all of the buttons at the bottom yet,only a small amount of the tops.I shall keep trying to fix at my end.This will be my last post on this issue too. SmilerGrin and bear eh?

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Without that patch, my buttons are off the bottom of the screen. With it, they are not. I have tested that in the following screen resolutions, which I believe includes several wide screen formats:

1024 by 768
1152 by 864
1280 by 720
1280 by 960
1280 by 1024

I believe this one works properly with every mode I can test.

Have Fun!

I have tried all of your suggestion, including the differant screen resulation, but nothing has helped.

Marcia in redrocks

Posts: 11 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, fellow DressShop users,
I too have found this problem. Whether I have the full screen or adjustable sized to full, the most I see of those bottom buttons is maybe the top third. My screen resolution is 1024 x 768 on a 17 in. CRT monitor. I am using IExplorer 7 and the latest patch from the LS site.
Can work around it, I think, but sure would like to have them back. :-)
Lettie

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I too have found this problem. Whether I have the full screen or adjustable sized to full, the most I see of those bottom buttons is maybe the top third. My screen resolution is 1024 x 768 on a 17 in. CRT monitor. I am using IExplorer 7 and the latest patch from the LS site.

The latest patch is a bit uncertain, I'm afraid. To know for sure, look in your Dress Shop folder (c:/Program Files/Livingsoft/DressShop) and check the date of Pattern.htm. If it is March 6, 2007, then you indeed have the current patch installed. If it is any other date, you do not.

If you do have the current patch properly installed and are still having a problem that we are unable now to duplicate on any of our test systems, we would need to figure out in what way your system and setup differ from ours. Internet Explorer 7, version 7.0.5730.11 is what I test with, for instance. Screen resolution does not appear to be the issue. Frankly, I do not know what else would make a difference. That version of IE7 plus the current patch properly installed. If anyone has any other ideas what else to check for, do chime in.

posted Hide Post
MPD issue may be related

If I resize my screen at all, meaning, I want to attend Kaaren's class and have MPD open as well as the chat classroom, I loose all data I worked with and go back to the original entry screen as if I just opened the program.

Hugs,

Connie A - Princeville HI
Hat Shop 1.1update
Win XP Pro sp3 - IE 8 -
HPDJ wireless 6100 series

Posts: 101 | Location: Princeville, Hawaii (Kauai) | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, if I move off of the first segment of the screen, say to get to the options menu, all screen data is lost and it reverts to the original screen when the program opens.

I would say there is a scroll bar issue for allowing the screens to move, period.

Hugs,

Connie A - Princeville HI
Hat Shop 1.1update
Win XP Pro sp3 - IE 8 -
HPDJ wireless 6100 series

Posts: 101 | Location: Princeville, Hawaii (Kauai) | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I resize my screen at all, meaning, I want to attend Kaaren's class and have MPD open as well as the chat classroom, I loose all data I worked with and go back to the original entry screen as if I just opened the program.

In a recent MPD update, the program was changed to rerun when the window is resized. There were good reasons for doing that, but more people did not like the results than did like it. So, that change will be removed in the next MPD update.

But, that has nothing to do with whether Dress Shop buttons are on screen or not. Please keep MPD posts in the MPD forums. Thanks...

posted Hide Post
Would it be possible to add the buttons to the top?also in my measurements chart, the head size is off screen, so I can't enter that measurement, unless i remove the task thingy. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Checked Pattern.htm and it is 3/6/07 (date modified) and am using IE7 7.0.5730.11. Unfortunately, I have no suggestions as to how to get the buttons in full view. :-(
Lettie

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

This may or may not be relevant to your systems, but I have found when running DS if I arrow the toolbar at the bottom of the screen out of sight and then click with the left mouse button the DS screen enlarges just enough for the buttons to be completely visible. Hope that helps someone.

Ev Williams
williams.ev@gmail.com

Posts: 27 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ev Williams:
===================================
I said I wouldn't block up posting on this issue,but I just want to say this!Ive done the resizing,and managed to get 3/4 of the buttons showing,so Im quite happy for now with this and can live with it. Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10