Find
Notify
Tools

Re buttons
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I said I wouldn't block up posting on this issue,but I just want to say this!Ive done the resizing,and managed to get 3/4 of the buttons showing,so Im quite happy for now with this and can live with it.

The change that I did in the patch should have moved the buttons. The fact that it was reported there was no change meant to me that what I was looking at was having no effect at all. If it did have an effect, but not enough, I can change it some more. Your report here, though, totally confuses me. I am not clear what it was you did that made a difference.

I looked through the system control panel, looking for settings that could effect this and found a few that might be involved. If you have accessibility settings set to non-standard settings, that will effect what fits on screen and what does not. There are settings to use larger fonts in window titles as well as different settings to use larger fonts within an application's window. If those are set to anything other than "normal", then it can effect where those buttons display. If that is the cause, I can work around that as well. But, I hesitate to make fixes for causes that are not involved.

At this time, I have heard from only two people that there is a problem with the location of these buttons. Does that mean that they are properly on-screen for everyone else or that nobody else cares? As with fixing accessibility options, I hesitate to make a general change that most people will not need and might not want.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have have the latest patch 3-6-07 running IE7.Also have a wide screen monitor 19"flat screen. The resolution set to 1440 x 900, that is the company recommendation. Before we started this I had no buttons. After the first patch I could see about 1/4" of the button, Now I can see about 1/8" > If I hit the button just right it will work,

Thanks, Marcia in Redrocks

Posts: 11 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
have have the latest patch 3-6-07 running IE7.Also have a wide screen monitor 19"flat screen. The resolution set to 1440 x 900, that is the company recommendation. Before we started this I had no buttons. After the first patch I could see about 1/4" of the button

If the patch did something, but not enough, then I can do more of the same. The patch has been revised again and re-posted to the link on the Livingsoft web site downloads page.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:
I said I wouldn't block up posting on this issue,but I just want to say this!Ive done the resizing,and managed to get 3/4 of the buttons showing,so Im quite happy for now with this and can live with it.

The change that I did in the patch should have moved the buttons. The fact that it was reported there was no change meant to me that what I was looking at was having no effect at all. If it did have an effect, but not enough, I can change it some more. Your report here, though, totally confuses me. I am not clear what it was you did that made a difference.

I looked through the system control panel, looking for settings that could effect this and found a few that might be involved. If you have accessibility settings set to non-standard settings, that will effect what fits on screen and what does not. There are settings to use larger fonts in window titles as well as different settings to use larger fonts within an application's window. If those are set to anything other than "normal", then it can effect where those buttons display. If that is the cause, I can work around that as well. But, I hesitate to make fixes for causes that are not involved.

At this time, I have heard from only two people that there is a problem with the location of these buttons. Does that mean that they are properly on-screen for everyone else or that nobody else cares? As with fixing accessibility options, I hesitate to make a general change that most people will not need and might not want
Fixed!!! I went into control panel,checking settings and properties,it happens my fonts were set to Large,so I changed it to [Normal],and now by buttons are where theyre supposed to be.I do appoligize for the confusion.I feel so dumb now.Told you I wasn't very tech minded though. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fixed!!! I went into control panel,checking settings and properties,it happens my fonts were set to Large,so I changed it to [Normal],and now by buttons are where theyre supposed to be.I do appoligize for the confusion.I feel so dumb now.Told you I wasn't very tech minded though.

There are so many settings in so many places on our systems that nobody can possibly keep track of them all. Glad you found something relevant!

posted Hide Post
Thanks you Thank you, It is now fixed.

Marcia in Redrocks

Posts: 11 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went into Control Panel>Display>Appearance....Fonts was set to extra large. set that to normal, exited control panel. since had had DressShop open while doing this, went to File>restart program. Selected a pattern, and the buttons were now fully in view.
So, if I truly need the buttons, I can now get them displayed. :-) Because of 'aging eye syndrome' I changed the computer's display back to 'extra large fonts', but now know how to get the buttons back if needed.
Thanks all for the contributions to this discussion.
Lettie, in NC

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post