Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    where is the payment plan option?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where is the payment plan option?
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sewalong:
I have not received the activation codes you emailed me. I just added sales@livingsoftnw.com to my address book. We could see if that helps. If not don't worry too much on my account because I was able to activate my codes through the program. Like you said, it could be my internet provider or who knows what. I am definately not the computer savvy person to figure something like this out. I do appreciate your trying to help though.
I also just went and checked my account details and where it states: Let me know about special offers and new products or Please send me your monthly newsletter, the boxes were unchecked. I know I had those check before, so I don't know why they were unchecked.

When automated email is sent to an email address and bounces (perhaps because the service provider for that email address is blocking it), we get a notice back that email was undeliverable. If there are several such bounce notices in a row (not sure how many, but more than 3), that email address is unchecked so that we no longer send to it. That is needed because any bulk emailing that gets too many bounce notices is marked as spam by many service providers. Then, all emails from us will be blocked. So, we have to uncheck those that bounce often.

Common causes for bounces include:

1. Email box was full. You have exceeded the box limits of your service provider. That can happen when you are on vacation and not reading your email for awhile.

2. Your spam filter is blocking our emails. People can set keywords that they do not wish to receive and some variant of that keyword might be in our email.

3. Your service provider's spam filters are blocking it. You would have to check with your Internet Service Provider to find out what their spam rules are and how you can have them adjusted for your needs and preferences.

I have sent 3 emails to your email address today. One was robo-generated with your account codes. One was human generated from the Livingsoft email address. And, the final one was human generated from a Comcast account. Depending which one or ones you do or do not get might give you a clue as to what is being blocked by Cox.net. Dealing with them about that is up to you, as they will only make changes to blocked email at the request of customers.

Hope you can figure it out...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]quote:
Originally posted by Sewalong:
Forgot to mention that I never did receive an e-mail of purchase confirmation.

/quote]

The usual problem with email not getting delivered is a spam blocker somewhere. This particular email is auto-generated and some spam blockers can detect that and block them. There are several possible ways to prevent it:

3. It could be getting blocked further upstream. I use Comcast.net, for instance and if I log onto the comcast web site and hunt up my email account there, I can find settings that that specify what is blocked by them, before it even gets to my computer. You might check with your service provider to make sure their spam filters are not stopping these

Hello Again,
I finally was able to get my husband to look into my problem of not getting newletters and e-mails from livingsoft. As suggested, He called our network provider COX). He logged on to the Cox web site and signed onto our e-mail account there. This is different from where I am use to getting my e-mails delivered through Outlook Express. He was then able to find the setting that specified who or what was blocked. Once he added Livingsoft e-mail addy to the unblock list I was then able to receive e-mails. OH! There was a spam box on this site that had e-mails from Livingsoft and many other's going back for several months. Those having problems receiving activation code I suggest doing this also and seeing if this is your problem.

Thanks for all the help running down the problem.

Be Blessed!
Rena

Posts: 132 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post