Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    funny thing in the darted camp shirt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

funny thing in the darted camp shirt
 Login/Join

posted
I tried to put a front yoke in the darted camp shirt this morning, and no siree! No yoke! The back yoke worked fine, but the front one made a very odd little box shape in the neckline and wouldn't be changed. I decided I would just add a little to the back yoke and take a little off the front because I like that look, but what on earth??

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was not designed with a front yoke.

These garments are supposed to be quick..sew up in 90 minutes.

two yokes would make that a little more intermediate sewing time rather than quick..

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fitted shirt does the same thing. I asked for an armscye yoke, 1" below the shoulder point, parallel to the shoulder line. I got 3" below the shoulder line, and the center front line folds back up on itself to make the little box thing.

If you ask for a flat front yoke, 1" below the shoulder point, you get 1" below the bottom of the neckline and about 3" below the shoulder point.

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yoke tool is not on for thsi shirt.

Its a quick sew design.
especially prepared for those without tools.

The basic block is the fitted shirt.

for those with all the tools, adjust the fit level, adjust the shoulder extension , **adjust the yokes, adjust the ease, adjust the length, add the extras, select the collar, adjust the width, select a front button, adjust the placket and go ahead and **adjust your yokes.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
Although I have the Yoke tool and Pro, I still find most yoke shapes I want (ie a front yoke higher than neck depth) aren't available. Also on many patterns, a yoke is not an option.

Just print the pattern you want without a yoke. Taka pencil, draw in a yoke wherever you want it, in any shape or angle. Cut the pattern apart and add seam allowances when you cut the fabric. Far quicker and easier for sewing, unless I just want to spend the afternoon playing with the software.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post