Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men's Collection
 Login/Join

posted
I'm curious... I noticed that there used to be a men's collection for sale (a substantial packet of patterns around $100 or so) in the recent past and there isn't one anymore Frowner Does it still exist? I was planning to add it to my Christmas wish list Wink

Posts: 7 | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm curious... I noticed that there used to be a men's collection for sale (a substantial packet of patterns around $100 or so) in the recent past and there isn't one anymore Does it still exist? I was planning to add it to my Christmas wish list

It is good that you asked. Many of the Dress Shop optional pattern collections were created a number of years ago. They were good, but in recent years, we have been making the patterns more complete, with all of the standard options pre-selected so the patterns were more load-and-sew. As that has been done with the more recent seasonal collections, it became more apparent that the older collections (which all had jewel necklines, no collars, etc.) really needed updating. There were also newer options (darts, fit types, and such) that just did not exist when those earlier patterns were created and some of them would better with the updated options.

So, we pulled several of those collections (Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Activewear, Men's Complete Collection, Girl's Essential Collection) from the Livingsoft store until we got around to reworking them. We were going to see which were requested before we determined when or if to work on them.

So, the Men's Collection now has another vote and is likely to get done sooner. We will keep you informed....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am confused! I own Ultimate Outerwear. Does this mean I can no longer access it because it hasn't been reworked?

Thanks, Rena

Posts: 132 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am confused! I own Ultimate Outerwear. Does this mean I can no longer access it because it hasn't been reworked?

What you have, you keep. We just are not selling new copies of it to anyone else just now. Once it has been reworked, you will get the revised patterns in addition to the older patterns. We have debated removing the old patterns, but were concerned that somebody might possibly prefer some old favorite, so we will leave in there what anyone has so far, but have improved patterns included in the updated collection. New buyers will get the new patterns when they buy. Former owners of the collection will get the new patterns at no cost.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have bought collections in the past and would like to keep them all. I thought i had a princess line dress i could put a wrap front [I've seen a pattern for this and it's lovely] however, I can't do that at the moment. It's one of those things I've lost with these updates. can you suggest a solution please?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one more point in favor of the Men's Collection: I'm interested in it because, so far, I have been sewing for my toddler boy using the patterns included in Dress Shop 8 (standard) and everything drafts very nicely but my son is very into "looking like daddy" so I'm getting ready for "the next frontier" : conquering the shirts, vests and 'real' men's pants instead of making female patterns look masculine so I thought that collection could be a great asset Smiler Also, I think that getting it as a collection would help me (an amateur "wannabe" seamstress) to get every piece I need without having to guess/research what it is that I'm supposed to have.

I REALLY hope it comes back.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am frustrated to hear the men's collection isn't available after all. I have a husband and son who are giant sized, so I need these patterns. Are the scrub patterns available in another packet and can I modify them for a man?

Thanks for helping me!

Posts: 3 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 06 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am frustrated to hear the men's collection isn't available after all. I have a husband and son who are giant sized, so I need these patterns. Are the scrub patterns available in another packet and can I modify them for a man?

Any Dress Shop pattern can be drafted to a man's measurement chart and will automatically be modified with male pattern changes (no bust darts, for instance). The scrubs pattern is included in pattern packet 1034.