Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Process of making
 Login/Join

posted
I finished my black fitted pants in wool blend,and very pleased with the fit.Now I'm in the midst of making a princess style blouse, with the curved front,the colour is a lovely red silk type fabric,I am doing long sleeves, with straight cuffs,I changed the cap ease minus1.5cm ,which is what I like smooth caps.This is an MPD pattern I got.I did the new front facing by hand too.If I said it a hundred times,I shall say it again! I love this program.Good measurements is what its all about, and no shortcuts taking them,achieves the best you could ever want.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Freida--You could have made this pattern in DS with the tools you already own. Granted, it is a little faster with MPD, but easily doable in DS. Start with Fitted blouse, go to shaper tool, hanky hem curved to points, put in a negative number in the box to get the raised effect, move points to wherever you want them.Go to Darts and choose Armhole Princess. Voila--the same pattern. Could also do shoulder princess, or leave as a regular fitted blouse.
Sandy in NM

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well its OK IF you OWN the hanky hem tool which came in a full colelction and if you want to figure the numerical points and IF you don't want to change length to a negative value and IF you don't want to start with a different fit level if you dont have the fit tool which still wont give you form fit in DS fit tool....sooooooo there are lots of items to consider not just the fact that a raised hanky could be used.

You maybe can replicate Freda's blouse as she designed it this time....

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kaaren--Not to be argumentative, but I was just going by what Freida had listed under her name as things she owned. From those listed, she could have made the design in DS. For someone who did not have all the goodies, MPD is the way to go. And this just illustrates what you had told us previously, that if you can't make it in DS, go to MPD and see if it can be done there. Sandy in NM

posted Hide Post
I am stepping out on a limb here, but Kaaren, I think your post to Sandy was out of line. We all want the best bang for our buck, and we all know there are some things you can do in DS and some only in MPD. It is a turn off when you are constantly PUSHING MPD at us, let it happen and evolve over time...we will get there, but please...stop PUSHING. It is a great program, it will eventually go above and beyond DS, we all know that...please ease up. Michelle in Texas

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandy thank you for the tip and response here about the Hanky hem,but I don't have that pattern.Thats why I used MPS to get it,just lazy bones here lol.Plus it was one of my credits used only.Appreciate you help on this though thank you Sandy.
Freda- with no i in it lol.thats the German way of spelling it really with an i.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Freda--Sorry about the misspelling before. Color my face red! I based my post on the fact you have DSPro, so you definitely have a fitted blouse. You have FD1 and 2, so you have Shaper (Blue Tower), which if you scroll down far enough in the dropdown, you have hanky hems. You have Princess, so you have princess options in Darts (blue tower). You have Casual and Comforts (now known as the Fit tool), so you could change fit levels as desired. Because you have Pro,you have all necklines and sleeve options available. You really do have the tools to make that blouse in DS. The only trick is to start with a fitted blouse, not a princess blouse. The shaping to the hemline must be done first before changing the darts to a princess line. Otherwise it doesn't work. HTH Sandy in NM

posted Hide Post
Hi Sandy,thank you for the good info here about the ability to do things,I do have lots of tools for sure.I shall check those out later too.No harm done mispelling my name its ok with me.Smiler

posted Hide Post
I am not pushing anyone to purchase MPD or even DS but am trying to delineate the differences in the two programs.

Unless people understand the differences they will not be able to make their selections.

Theres a full years work in the new program.It is very different and all those differences are not immediatly discernable until/unless you work with it. I know the differences and am very excited about them. That spills out in my posts.I can not help but express my enthusiasm for it's capabilities.

If you are happy with your current program/s and patterns and don't wish to follow the MPD threads you can select ONLY the DS threads and not read my posts about it.

Im not good at hard selling....I dislike it. I don't do it..I do try and spell out the differences so the user has the data to make their own decisions!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My point is, your post to Sandy was HARSH, and that is not necessary in this situation. There are people who will not even post because they say "they get their head bit off". Maybe you don't even realize how you are coming across...a little politeness and gentleness is all I am asking for. I have MPD and DS...that is not my point...go back and re-read your post to Sandy and you will get my drift. Now I am going to go and take my PremPro! Michelle

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a dreadful timewith my mandarin collar,not the program part though,just my assembly of it.I don't know how many times I had to unpick it lol,I finally have it looking better now though.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10