New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scoop neck
 Login/Join

<Rose Marie>
posted
I have been fiddling with Blouse>Casual shirt. I want to make a scooped top (6.00") front and back (2.00") I may be doing something wrong. So I need some information. I can understand that when making the fitted bodice with jewel neck that the neck edge point drafts from Full length front and Full length back. As I compare the attempts for my scooped neck blouse, I think that I see, when aligning the center fronts and backs as well as the horizontal line showing where Full length front and Full length back are measured from, that the edge of the scoop is being drafted from the higher point (the full lengths points) closer to my neck rather than a point 4.00" from center which is not as long. Is this correct? I am getting wrinkles and buckles that I don't have when I make the jewel neck fitted bodice. Thanks for any insight as to where the scooped neck drafts.
Rose Marie

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scoop neck is not only deeper than the jewel neck it is also wider.

How much wider is dependant on your measurements.

If you select the blouse with scoop neck then go to view,>reference pattern> sloper and have your grid on you can see exactly how much wider and deeper it is.

Make sure to have your "reference lines" on, you will then see a number as well showing half neck width and neck depth.

Using the neck to9ol adjust both width and depth to what you like.

Its important to remember the blouse hangs from the shoulder.

The shoulder is the support for the entire garment.

Especially if the shoulders are narrow -opening the neck wider reduces blouse shoulder length leaving little support and allowing gapeing and other issues.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rose Marie,

The scoop depth is measured from the shoulder line at the neck.....so 6 inch scoop depth is 6 inches from side of neck, not 6 inches from front of neck where the center length front is measured...did that help?

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Rose Marie>
posted
[QUOTE]

If you select the blouse with scoop neck then go to view,>reference pattern> sloper and have your grid on you can see exactly how much wider and deeper it is.

Make sure to have your "reference lines" on, you will then see a number as well showing half neck width and neck depth.

Thanks. Putting on the reference pattern "sloper" made a difference. I could see the differences better there than printing out the pages and comparing them manually. Rose Marie

Reply With QuoteReport This Post