Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Illusions Sale & Upgrade to DS6 ?'s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illusions Sale & Upgrade to DS6 ?'s
 Login/Join

posted
I got this email yesterday, Wednesday the 19th, & have have a few quesions.

It says "save $65.00" on Illusions, but it doesn't say how much Illusions is???

It says "special of the week", on what day will it expire? I can't figure out the "week" since I got it midweek. I hope it isn't for just one week! What about people who get paid biweekly or people who are retired & get paid once a month?

Illusions is described in detail, but I don't see any details about DS6. I still have DS5, & would like to know what I would be buying if I upgrade.

LivingsoftNW proudly presents the "special of the Week:

ILLUSIONS - Patterns For Real People

This special pattern collection of 65 patterns and Tools is an add-on to any current version of Dress Shop. SAVE $65!

Illusions is a collection of silhouettes and designs which provide elegance and panache for any woman of any size!

There are several key elements to this collection:
· Slenderizing lines
· "Panel" garments such as jackets blouses and dress's
· Godets and asymmetric hemlines
· Shoulder pleats
· The stretch raglan as a sweatshirt, blouse or dress and jacket
· "How to articles", to assist you in using the powerful tools and constructing the garments.

Even if you do not own the "fit tool" you can still have an assortment of both casual and comfort fit blouses, dress's and jackets.

Patterns were designed with economy in mind.
The panel garments allow the front and back to be "broken" into 2 pieces per front and 2 per back so any size or shape woman can have style and still use 45" fabric.

Shown is a casual fit Panel jacket.
The Mock wrap skirt can be made for office or casual wear. This one piped in red is a real standout.

Paired with a casual fit top the outfit can be made in a single afternoon.
Godets and vents add extra room in blouses and dresses and when standing creates a slimming line, but "opens" and allows extra ease when seated. Godets may also be added at hemlines for a charming flair to any skirt or dress.

Just in time for Fall and Winter enjoy your own sweater knit twin set consisting of a shell and cardigan or a warm and comfortable sweatshirt that FITS. Use coupon code NR-537.

You can also Upgrade to DS6 for only $25 from DS4 or DS5 with this coupon code!

To view other pattern collections or pattern packets, go to http://www.LivingsoftNW.com and click on Pattern Collections or Pattern Packets.

Order Now at http://www.LivingsoftNW.com with the offer code NR-537 to save $65 on Illusions OR Upgrade to DS6 from DS 4 or DS5 for $25! Or call 1-800-316-6354 to order.

Happy sewing!
Your LivingsoftNW team

Posts: 17 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh Kathy at least you got the email! I've never yet succeeded in getting either an email or a newsletter about my DS Frowner. I know that there have been many problems with email addresses rejecting them as Spam, but I do not run anything that may block them, nor do I have any problems with the countless other sewing and non-sewing related newsletters that I get Wink.

Last time that this came up, I asked if all newsletters etc could be posted to the message board, so that there is always a method to get the info. Please Bob, can I renew this plea? I know the August offers were put onto the list and I was able to use them if I wished.

It would be good for all DS users to get the same opportunity when it comes to offers and info. Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kathy R:
I got this email yesterday, Wednesday the 19th, & have have a few quesions.

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Illusions sells for 129 less 65 is 64.00

Ill get you the final date the sale is available...Will or Craig usually puts that in the marketing adverts.

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BUT, I still don't know how much Illusions will cost me, or what I will get if I upgrade to DS6???

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Illusions will be 65.00
depends on which program you wish to upgrade to in DS6.

you can go to livingsoftnw.com and click on the products and then on upgrades. Sign in to your account.

There you will see a chart
Version of Dress Shop ->
Standard Deluxe Pro
Price if you owned the corresponding version of Dress Shop 5 ==> $50 $50 $50

if you stay at the same level of program you had before the upgrade will cost you $50.00

If you move from DS5basic to DS6pro it will cost more.

Make sure to enter your coupon code and the store will automatically discount the Illusionsand give you a total price and you can then continue on to checkout.

the two together for a basic upgrade from DS5X to Ds6X is 50.00 plus 65.00 for a total of $115.00

or Call
Place orders on-line or by calling (800) 316-6354

Kaaren

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least I understand how much Illusions is & what I would get.

BUT, I'm still confused or maybe I should say more confused about the DS6 upgrade. The email said,
"You can also Upgrade to DS6 for only $25 from DS4 or DS5 with this coupon code!"

Kaaren just posted,
"a basic upgrade from DS5X to Ds6X is 50.00"

So is it $25 or $50?

And I still don't know what I will get if I upgrade to DS6???

And I still don't know how long I have to decide if I want to use this coupon.

Am I the only one confused here?

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Theres an old saying about knowing you are still alive if you learn something every day.

Well one of my blessings today is... never assume that since you wrote part of the email you know what the contents are without checking.

Im getting my copy shortly as additional discounts were added beyond the Illusions coupon by our marketing folks.

When it says $25.00 the advert price is the price. I pulled the uopgrade price from the webstore without the advertisement in front of me. My apologies for adding to your confusion.

Kaaren

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ok I now have all the facts at hand..and will attempt to answer the questions asked on this thread..

The upgrade from one level of DS5 to a similiar level of DS6 is indeed $25.00 this week.

Not everyone was mailed this "offer"..the marketing guy did his magic demographics thingey...folks that own DS6 and Illusions were pulled from the list and whatever his number crunching churned up determined which list members got this one .

Why don't we post every special offer on the list.

Folks may not read this till a month after its posted then get mighty annoyed when they missed it and can't have it , too.

Some folks don't want to hear from us weekly.So we try and limit the number of marketing emails we send everyoneso no one feels "pushed".

If you werent on this weeks list you might be on next weeks list.

Specials are just that a "special" for a limited period of time. We all get the "no shipping now" from the various fabric sites, or the upgrade your XYZ now for a limited time offer. Same rules, same concepts.

and Finally..how many emails are "you" ( no one specific) signed up with on the various lists and accounts page?

Have "you" agreed to recieve "stuff" from us? if not you arent on any list.We respect your privacy!

Has your email changed? Did you let us know?

Did your ISP suddenly get a spam blocker you arent aware of yet? Are we on your buddy list/address book depending on ISP so you can get the mail not have it placed in a cold dark spam folder out in cyber space..?

Verify your "My Account data" by visiting Livingsoftnw and click My Account.there you can modify your password, email addy, and If you want to hear from us.
Hope I got all the questions.....Oh one more thing.you didnt get the mailer but read it on the BBS and want it before it expires.Be my guest! take advantage of the offer.Which ends 27 October, 2005.
Kaaren

posted Hide Post
Can I please make a request here about specials.
I have never received notice of specials even though I have my preferences marked for this on website. I have given up trying to get this fixed.

Could the specials please be advertized on this list?
Maybe in a 'specials' folder or in the 'newsletter' folder.

Please....!!!!
Tris Big Grin

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not everyone was mailed this "offer"..the marketing guy did his magic demographics thingey...folks that own DS6 and Illusions were pulled from the list and whatever his number crunching churned up determined which list members got this one .

quote:
Thanks Kaaren, it makes sense that an offer to upgrade to DS6 need not go to those who already have it Smiler- but was the Illusions offer only for those who were upgrading? Confused
quote:

Why don't we post every special offer on the list.

Folks may not read this till a month after its posted then get mighty annoyed when they missed it and can't have it , too.

quote:
But not as mad as we get if we *never* get the opportunity - at least this gives those of us who elect to read the board messages but cannot receive email from you the chance to find out.
quote:

Some folks don't want to hear from us weekly.So we try and limit the number of marketing emails we send everyoneso no one feels "pushed".

If you werent on this weeks list you might be on next weeks list.

Specials are just that a "special" for a limited period of time. We all get the "no shipping now" from the various fabric sites, or the upgrade your XYZ now for a limited time offer. Same rules, same concepts.

quote:
Quite understand that Kaaren and I support the concept of not bombarding your customers, but trust me there is no danger of that - I have NEVER had an email offer or the newsletter from DS. I am a fairly new customer, have only had it since early 2005 and I feel distinctly un- overwhelmed with excess DS mailWink.

and Finally..how many emails are "you" ( no one specific) signed up with on the various lists and accounts page?

Have "you" agreed to recieve "stuff" from us? if not you arent on any list.We respect your privacy!

Has your email changed? Did you let us know?

Did your ISP suddenly get a spam blocker you arent aware of yet? Are we on your buddy list/address book depending on ISP so you can get the mail not have it placed in a cold dark spam folder out in cyber space..?

quote:
Being specific about my own circs, yes I get plenty of other emails, yes I'm on your list as agreeing (wanting!) mail, yes I've changed email address this year but you have notification of my new one on the "My Account" page and No! there is not a new spam blocker and your email address is on my list. I wish there *was* a good spam blocker on my ISP Kaaren, I do get bored of reading suggestions from strangers that I might like to enlarge a piece of anatomy that I don't have Roll Eyes - yes I block the senders but they never use the same name two days in a row... So... not an overprotective ISP...
quote:

Verify your "My Account data" by visiting Livingsoftnw and click My Account.there you can modify your password, email addy, and If you want to hear from us.

quote:
Been in again and checked it - all boxes ticked, present and correct... so why doesn't this work? Confused Confused
quote:

Hope I got all the questions.....Oh one more thing.you didnt get the mailer but read it on the BBS and want it before it expires.Be my guest! take advantage of the offer.Which ends 27 October, 2005.
Kaaren[/QUOTE]

Thanks for offering advice Kaaren, would love to know why I can't get the mailings, I notice others have the same problem Frowner
Anne from Lambourn

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
BUT, I'm still confused or maybe I should say more confused about the DS6 upgrade. The email said,
"You can also Upgrade to DS6 for only $25 from DS4 or DS5 with this coupon code!"

I've read all the Groupee emails and have received no emails direct from Livingsoft. It appears there has been some "sale" announced. When was the announcement of the sale made? Where was the information re the sale posted (not on Groupee and not direct to owners)? What is the sale, when did it start and when will if finish? Is the sale only open to select customers - if so, who?

Marilyn in Brisbane

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the sale, when did it start and when will if finish? Is the sale only open to select customers - if so, who?

These questions have already been answered, but I will repeat it in greater detail. Special offers are made by email to select lists. Those lists vary each week. Not everyone gets every offer every week. The only users that do not get an offer upon occasion are the ones whose emails have bounced in the past. After two bounces, we pull that email from our automated lists.

The discount offer on upgrades to Dress Shop 6 does not go to people that own Dress Shop 6 already. Since you (Marilyn), own Dress Shop 6, you did not get this offer sent to you. The details of the offer are in the email. The offers are not posted because we have found that when an offer is posted that some customers cannot take advantage of, some of them then call and ask if they can substitute and get a comparable offer on something else. The special handling that those custom sales require costs us more than the offers generate. We would prefer to choose the offers we make, automate those as best we can so that they are not labor intensive for the Livingsoft staff. We have done that.

If you do not get the offers, then they are not available to you. If you never get email offers, then there may be a problem with your account with Livingsoft, which includes the email address used to send you email offers. There are some users that have incorrect email addresses on file. For instance, "Anne from Lambourn, UK" posted earlier that she does not receive email offers. Anne has two accounts with Livingsoft, one with the email address "anne.raypack@..." and the other "raypack@...". I do not know which address emails are sent to, nor whether she monitors both or not. But, when multiple email addresses are on file, it is quite possible that emails are being sent to the wrong one.

If you never get any offers, then you should check "Your Account" at the Livingsoft web site to find out if your correct email address is on file. If it is correct, then you should contact support@LivingsoftNW.com, and request that your email address be removed from the bounce list. It will then be included in the next emailing. However, if it bounces again, we will pull it again. If we send emails to large numbers of email addresses that bounce it or send it to a spam folder, then some email services will ban all email from Livingsoft. So, we cannot and will not continue to send emails to accounts that bounce.

I hope this covers all of your questions on this topic...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to have posted the sale email, I didn't intend to upset anyone, & it never occured to me that it didn't go out to everyone.

But if it was sent only to DS5 owners, then it seems to me it should have included an explanation of what I would get if I upgrade to DS6. So far I've been told to go look it up. I am, as well as most of the women I know, very busy, so I would have appreciated just a few sentences from someone about why I should spend another $25.00. Small change to some I guess, but not me.

posted Hide Post
I wanted to answer this before I went to dinner.
The differences between DS5 to 6 are enormous.
NOTHING that could be accomplished in a few sentances.

I wrote most of that advert and was stymied trying to keep it to a rather small number of words.

There are so many options in DS6 that just didnt exists back in DS5..from new necklines, sleeve types, fit levels, an amazing array of increased technology.

It seems simplest and most expeditious to direct you to the page.

http://livingsoftnw.com/DS6/DS6Upgrade.htm

So I am going to offer it again.
One click gets you right to the comparison page.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But if it was sent only to DS5 owners, then it seems to me it should have included an explanation of what I would get if I upgrade to DS6. So far I've been told to go look it up. I am, as well as most of the women I know, very busy, so I would have appreciated just a few sentences from someone about why I should spend another $25.00. Small change to some I guess, but not me.

The list of what you get is huge. The web page that describes the upgrade in detail can be found at:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DS6/DS6Upgrade.htm

That page, in addition to being quite long itself, links to dozens of other pages with pictures and details about the new features and options. It is all far too lengthy to include in an email. The email just told you that an upgrade exists and was on sale. If you do not care enough to look what is in it, then you obviously were not interested enough to buy it. That's fine.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post