Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    DS7 - Meaurement Wizard - buttons show up over text
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS7 - Meaurement Wizard - buttons show up over text
 Login/Join

posted
I've just upgraded to DS7 and wanted to enter my body shape, etc. with the Measurement Wizard but the buttons "Save" "Next" and so forth show up over the text and the text entry boxes. Is there a way to fix this...I hope?

DS-Std 7.0, MPD 1.12, Fit Tool, Ultimate Pants, Essential Lingerie, Essential Men's Collection.

Posts: 26 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've just upgraded to DS7 and wanted to enter my body shape, etc. with the Measurement Wizard but the buttons "Save" "Next" and so forth show up over the text and the text entry boxes. Is there a way to fix this...I hope?

This type of problem generally occurs on systems that have been setup to make text large and more readable. There are generally two reasons for that: vision is not so good and you need large fonts to read it or you may be using an older monitor that is too fuzzy or has too low a resolution to display higher resolutions.

There are three places that system font and resolution choices can over-ride what Dress Shop is trying to use. Those are:

1. Default screen resolution. Start - Control Panel - Appearance and Themes - Change the screen resolution - Settings. Dress Shop requires at least 800 by 600 or higher. If your screen resolution is less than that, then some Dress Shop dialogs and options will not fit.

2. Internet Explorer Text Size. Run IE, then select View - Text Size. The default "medium" size works best, though larger sizes usually work.

3. System accessibility settings. Start - Control Panel - Accessibility Options - Configure Windows to work for your vision... The first option in that relates to text size. The default "usual text size" should work. Higher text sizes may not. There are other settings in that wizard that I have never used or tried and it is possible that some of those might cause this problem, too. If you have anything that is not default there, you should see if Dress Shop works better using the default setting instead. If that is the case, then you will need to decide whether you can use your computer without that setting.

IF you really need larger text and you just cannot read the screen comfortably using standard or default settings, you might consider getting a better monitor. Higher resolution and larger screen monitors can make text both much easier to read and still work in the default settings that some of the Dress Shop dialogs expect.

Hope something here helps...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've looked at all the settings you mention in your post but so far, I'm not finding anything out of the ordinary. I have a wide 17 inch laptop screen that is about a year old so I don't think it's a monitor issue. The resolution is set at 1920x1080 and the IE text size is medium. I couldn't find any reference to text size under accessibility settings on the control panel. I guess I'm just out of luck with the way some of the things display. Rats! Thanks for the help though and if you think of anything else it could be, please let me know. <G>

DS-Std 7.0, MPD 1.12, Fit Tool, Ultimate Pants, Essential Lingerie, Essential Men's Collection.

Posts: 26 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've looked at all the settings you mention in your post but so far, I'm not finding anything out of the ordinary. I have a wide 17 inch laptop screen that is about a year old so I don't think it's a monitor issue. The resolution is set at 1920x1080 and the IE text size is medium. I couldn't find any reference to text size under accessibility settings on the control panel. I guess I'm just out of luck with the way some of the things display. Rats! Thanks for the help though and if you think of anything else it could be, please let me know.

The wide screen format is probably the issue. Most menus and dialog boxes are positioned and sized based on various step points in resolution. If screen width is greater than 800, then position is one place, greater than 1024, slightly different. There are a number of setting triggers in Dress Shop for different common resolutions, but nothing special for the one you have. My guess, though, is that something is scaled based on the width of your screen and that scaling is too much for the height. Your screen is comparatively wider than it is tall.

In some future update to Dress Shop, we can try to accomodate those displays that have come out in recent years that change the rules a bit. There are always more of those, it seems. Until that happens, if it is possible to set your screen to one of the boxier screen sizes (I'm using 1280 by 1024, for instance), that might help. Not a great solution if you really use your computer for wide screen video viewing, of course....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...I think I'm just out of luck. I tried the 1280x1024 resolution you suggested,in fact I tried all the resolutions, and it still didn't work for me. That's okay...I just have to enter my measurements and not try to use the wizard. Thanks again for all your suggestions.

posted Hide Post

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 17" monitor too mine is set at....
1024x768 32 bit highest colour,your did seem quite unusual[1280] for that setting on your post.Just thought I would chirp in here, if its any help at all to you.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Llantrisant - thanks for the reply. I've tried all the settings on my screen and I still have the problem. Strangely, I just downloaded the demo version of My Pattern Designer and everything looks great on the Measurement Wizard.

Thanks so much for your response.

Linda

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ljnelson:
Llantrisant - thanks for the reply. I've tried all the settings on my screen and I still have the problem. Strangely, I just downloaded the demo version of My Pattern Designer and everything looks great on the Measurement Wizard.

Thanks so much for your response.

Linda
I wonder if theres a glitch in your PC then, sometimes it happens to us,sorry I couldn't help you more on this. SmilerAnother thought hit me here,do you have a full chart in the program of your measurements?if not this may be an issue too.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post