Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Bell sleeve bolero and rayon fabric??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bell sleeve bolero and rayon fabric??
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I am considering making the bell sleeve bolero in a black and white print rayon to wear over a plain black sleeveless sheat dress for church.

Questions:

1. Do you think drapey rayon is an appropriate fabric for the bolero--I am sure the sleeves would be nice but am unsure about the bodice. Do you think I should line the fronts? interface the fronts with fusi-knit? Just use a facing bonded with fusi-knit? Other??

2. To wear this over the dress--I seem to have plenty of ease thru chest and below but shoulder area looks a bit tight--should I tell the program that I want shoulder pads underneath to give some room??

Thanks for any help!!

Elizabeth

DS: all; MPD
XP sp2, IE6, HP7960

Posts: 34 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elizabeth if it were mine. I would go with linning the bolero,this wil give it some body.Wonder if you can extend the shoulder point out a wee bit, like we do with jackets in Options I think.Some fuzi knit wouldn't hurt it eighter.Thats my oppinion. Smiler)

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the rayon is very drapey, I would interface at a minimum the facing, if not block fuse the front, and the sleeve hem.

if tis very tight across shoulder and you would like a little shoulder extension.you can go to options and add a half inch,
and you can add shoudler pads.1/4 inch then see if you really need them or not.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Kaaren and Freda the .5" added to shoulder extension and 1/4" shoulder pad seem to have added the room I need.
Elizabeth

DS: all; MPD
XP sp2, IE6, HP7960

Posts: 34 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post