Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

designer tools
 Login/Join

posted
In my drop down menu on Dress shop Pro I am missing the princess designer and the Empire customizer. I know years ago I had purchased a pattern set that was all princess but the tool isn't activated. I readded my codes etc.

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have some time to play today and I was going through my pattern designer. I own My Pattern Designer Pro 2.5. I understood from the news letter that that included swim suit tool, grecian tool etc. All of those are grayed out on mine. The only thing lit is the pants tool. I did purchase that separately.

I have a similar problem, on MPD 2.5 with the Pants Designer. Only the 5 basic styles in Classic are not grayed out. According to Kaaren, purchasing 2.5 should have made all styles available. I also have Dress Shop 8 and purchased the Pants Designer for that; all the styles are available on DS 8. There is an activation code for MPD Tool on my account; apparently that is for DS 8. I have downloaded and reinstalled MPD 2.5a both through FireFox and through Explorer, reactivated the codes. Even tried to manually activate by keying in the MPD Tool code in MPD 2.5; got the error message that it was invalid code.
I need help in getting all the styles available in the Pants Designer Tool in MPD 2.5, as that is the big reason I upgraded to 2.5.
Thank you for your help.
Lettie
P.S. I had submitted a Problem Report on this to Ksaren just before the recent server problems, but have heard nothing after the suggestion to reload and re-activate.

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Lettie, I found all three of my support replies to you- perhaps you did not get them all. So first please check your spam folder to see if they are trapped there. and second make sure you have the reports1@mypatterndesigner.com address in your addy book representing a good to recieve from email.

Just a little note- when I dont hear anythign back after I reply I can only PREsume the problem is fixed. When you need more help please write again.

The Pants Designer tool when activated allows you to build a pant from within the tool. You no longer go to File>Load to access any of those pants!

Open the tool, select the category- ie Career, or active or shorts or casual etc then build the pant selecting fit level, leg style, waist level, waist band finish,extras such as pockets and vents use the ease, fit,and pattern menus to modify your selections.

Emails, Problem reports, Retrieving activation codes, purchasing individual patterns functions are all now working properly with our new dedicated server.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Kaaren,
At this point, my spam folder holds messages from 5/20/10...no mail from 'patrns4u' in that batch. My original problem report was 4/28; you responded that same date. And I responded to you after following your instructions with no success, on 4/28. Then follow-up when no response received, on 5/10, 5/15, 6/4. So, obviously, both your and my posts got lost or filed as spam.
Am sending off-list a copy of the last email I sent that has all the previous correspondence. Briefly, although I have downloaded and installed MPD 2.5, reactivated codes, I only have access to the 5 basic classic styles. All the rest are in red. I just opened MPD, selected Pants Designer, went to Jeans, made my option choices, drafted, but the legend on the left says I need to purchase that pattern.
Do you want a new Problem Report?
Lettie

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
At this point, my spam folder holds messages from 5/20/10...no mail from 'patrns4u' in that batch. My original problem report was 4/28; you responded that same date. And I responded to you after following your instructions with no success, on 4/28. Then follow-up when no response received, on 5/10, 5/15, 6/4. So, obviously, both your and my posts got lost or filed as spam.
Am sending off-list a copy of the last email I sent that has all the previous correspondence. Briefly, although I have downloaded and installed MPD 2.5, reactivated codes, I only have access to the 5 basic classic styles. All the rest are in red. I just opened MPD, selected Pants Designer, went to Jeans, made my option choices, drafted, but the legend on the left says I need to purchase that pattern.
Do you want a new Problem Report?

No problem report should be needed. First, the missing emails were sent during that period that our site was moving. Kaaren was not receiving email at all during part of that time in the mess of that move. So, they might have gotten lost then. That problem, at least, is behind us now.

Regarding MPD and the Complete Pants Designer, you do not own that. You purchased the Dress Shop Complete Pants Customizer. The tools are identical, so you need to run Dress Shop when you want to make custom pants, not MPD.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The replies were from either report1 or support1@mypatterndesigner.com not from my personal email- different computers- both of which are on all day. ggg

I have just answered your post of this morning with the same advice ( from support1@mypatterndesigner.com ) so you should have that in your inbox. If not your ISP or email program may be filtering and need to have our address's allowed.

Pant Designer's pants are built not loaded from File>Load Patterns>pants.

The tool was never meant to modify loaded pants ( though it will sort of.)it is to build them fresh and clean according to the newly defined and refined code.

Make sure you have retrieved your codes so the PD is activated.

Any pant category within the tool that views is owned.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren,
I just wanted to thank you on the discussion list for resolving the issue I had, once we were able to get back into touch with each other. :-)
Happy designing and sewing.