Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Problem when DS 7.1 installed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem when DS 7.1 installed
 Login/Join

posted
I have been using DS 7 since it came out. Yet, when I download 7.1 and install it, the header on the page says that it is an unactivated version, that I need to upgrade to DS 7 to use it.
I uninstalled DS 7.1, downloaded the DS 7 master file, installed that. Could go in, select pattern, and print. So apparently the authorization code is in MyAuthorization.cfg file. For some reason, DS 7.1 doesn't recognize it.
I have sent 2 emails to support@LivingsoftNW, but no response. I still have the 10/06 DS7_update.exe available; now I also have the DS7 master available.
Please advise as to how to install 7.1 and have it work.
Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Lettie in Charlotte, NC

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been using DS 7 since it came out. Yet, when I download 7.1 and install it, the header on the page says that it is an unactivated version, that I need to upgrade to DS 7 to use it.
I uninstalled DS 7.1, downloaded the DS 7 master file, installed that. Could go in, select pattern, and print. So apparently the authorization code is in MyAuthorization.cfg file. For some reason, DS 7.1 doesn't recognize it.
I have sent 2 emails to support@LivingsoftNW, but no response. I still have the 10/06 DS7_update.exe available; now I also have the DS7 master available.
Please advise as to how to install 7.1 and have it work.
Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

I see no record in your account that you have ever purchased Dress Shop 7. Just because you installed the DS7 master does not mean that you had activated it as Dress Shop 7. In your case, it should have come up as Dress Shop 6.19 and would allow you to load and print patterns, but only using the Dress Shop 6 features, options, and tools. All of the features of DS7 were suppressed. One downloadable file or master, but when activated it could be DS5, DS6, or DS7.

In any case, you do not own DS7 and the new update is not for you unless you choose to upgrade to DS7.

Several customers have asked if there will be an upgrade offer or special. The answer to that is yes, as soon as the current newsletter is completed, approved and sent out. That will happen this week.

If you do not choose to upgrade, though, then you will be using the prior master/update, activated in your case to be Dress Shop 6.19. Other users have it activated to become Dress Shop 5.33 and still otehrs have it activated as Dress Shop 7.0. Way too confusing. That is why we are archiving the older versions at this point.

I hope this all makes sense. Hurts my head just trying to describe it.... ;-)

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post