Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    "Slopers" Pants vs. "Pants" - Sloper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Slopers" Pants vs. "Pants" - Sloper
 Login/Join

posted
Another problem with pants besides the dart width issue (yes, I have it, too): When I click on "Slopers" and use the Pants pattern, I get a straight waistline. My Waistline reference line goes above the pattern. I have a slanted waist. When I click on "Pants" - Sloper, I get the slanted waist. This makes my crotch seams longer - and I'm sure it is correct. Now I am confused - which one is right? Which one does the program use to make my patterns? Since the "Slopers" Bodice is correct for the armholes, why aren't the pants as well? Can anyone with a tilted waist check this for me? Does anyone else see a difference?
My front in "Slopers" is 1/2 inch lower, but the back is one whole inch lower. My patterns seem to have the slant as in the "Pants" sloper, leading me to believe it is more correct.

Ottawa, Canada - DSPro 6.092, FD 1&2,Princ. Designer, Illusions, Ult. Pants & Outerwear, Add ons 1-14.
XP 2,IE6, Canon MP700.

Posts: 8 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also discovered this today. I asked the question about this on the other list and was told - YES it's a bug and I have reported it to Bob or ???? via the report problem within DS.

MPD 2 Pro, DS Pro with almost every feature and pattern collection

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Virginia.
If you reported it, I won't need to! I'd like to know which is correct.
Ruth K.

Ottawa, Canada - DSPro 6.092, FD 1&2,Princ. Designer, Illusions, Ult. Pants & Outerwear, Add ons 1-14.
XP 2,IE6, Canon MP700.

Posts: 8 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use the pant sloper not the regular sloper that has both pant and bodice.
Sorry I didn't mention that with my last reply.

MPD 2 Pro, DS Pro with almost every feature and pattern collection

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In response to Virginia's question on Lyris, I found this:

On the Patterns/Slopers selection the pants is using the FTW Side measurement for the FTW Front, FTW Side, and FTW Back. It shows a horizontal waist even though I entered *each* of the 5 FTW measurements differing by 3 inches. It ignores FTW Front (straight & conformed) and FTW Back (straight and conformed)

The Patterns/Pants/Pants Sloper selection is drafting to the correct FTW Side and Front/Back(conformed) measurements. Use this for the pants sloper.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a number of reasons, it seems best to me that DS only contain one path to "slopers":

- the present confusion over "which is correct?" can be eliminated

- the programmers only have to assure that one path to each (bodice and pants) is correct when and if changes occur to the algorithms

- the programmers free up a space each in the bodice and pants drop-down lists, which have become increasingly crowded

Let's keep it simple!

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried to send Problem Reports and get the dreaded Page Not Found...I have not downloaded 6.10 update...is that the problem?

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tina:
I have tried to send Problem Reports and get the dreaded Page Not Found...I have not downloaded 6.10 update...is that the problem?

Yes, I think that's what Bob said a few days prior to the release of 6.10. I've been able to send a problem report after installing 6.10.
Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post