Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Whats everyone making at present?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats everyone making at present?
 Login/Join

posted
The board is so quiet lately,I wondered what folks were doing, regards sewing up some clothes,has anyone finished their jacket class project yet too?

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of sewing time this season with all the baseball games for company. I'm working on a red cord top and pants: blouse has 3/4 sleeves, slightly scooped neck, and a hip band made by cutting off the bottom 2" of the front and back, adding seam allowance, and reattaching to top (with an inch or two of fullness added at the side seams). Pants are semi-fitted, with elastic waist and slant-entry pockets. The cord is slightly stretchy, so it should make a comfortable everyday outfit. I'm not yet happy with the amount of fullness in the sleeve cap, so I've improvised with pleats at the tops of the sleeves: fortunately, the look is a good one, where the shoulders then balance bust and hip.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marj in Southeastern PA,

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marj in Southeastern PA:
Lots of sewing time this season with all the baseball games for company. I'm working on a red cord top and pants: blouse has 3/4 sleeves, slightly scooped neck, and a hip band made by cutting off the bottom 2" of the front and back, adding seam allowance, and reattaching to top (with an inch or two of fullness added at the side seams). Pants are semi-fitted, with elastic waist and slant-entry pockets. The cord is slightly stretchy, so it should make a comfortable everyday outfit. I'm not yet happy with the amount of fullness in the sleeve cap, so I've improvised with pleats at the tops of the sleeves: fortunately, the look is a good one, where the shoulders then balance bust and hip.
Marj you are busy sewing too I see,have you tried slightly reducing your sleeve cap height at all in tools?

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freda, I'm playing with all of the sleeve-cap-determining dimensions right now. Some time back, I evidently got too deep an armhole; Kaaren caught that for me when I thought I didn't have a tall enough sleeve cap. More experiments to come...but I'm making "wearable muslins" all the time.

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marj in Southeastern PA:
Freda, I'm playing with all of the sleeve-cap-determining dimensions right now. Some time back, I evidently got too deep an armhole; Kaaren caught that for me when I thought I didn't have a tall enough sleeve cap. More experiments to come...but I'm making "wearable muslins" all the time.
Marj I hear ya on that one,hows your biceps measurements you may want to re look at that area too,just a hunch of course GGGG

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10