Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Trouble Installing Dress Shop 7 Upgrade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble Installing Dress Shop 7 Upgrade
 Login/Join

posted
I recently purchased the Dress Shop Pro 7 upgrade. I have been unable to install the download. They sent me a CD and I cannot install the download file from that either. I get the error message that InstallShield Wizard has encountered an error. The error message is #6001 which means that the InstallShield Wizard cannot find the seup.exe file. The download master file is named "DS7_download_master.exe". I have contacted Livingsoft about this problem and so far they have been unable to find a solution.

Anyone else having this problem? Please let me know. I have become very frustrated and am ready to ask for a refund and just use my old dress shop.

HELP!!!!!

Posts: 10 | Location: sewlovely55@hotmail.com | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sewlovely55:
I recently purchased the Dress Shop Pro 7 upgrade. I have been unable to install the download. They sent me a CD and I cannot install the download file from that either. I get the error message that InstallShield Wizard has encountered an error. The error message is #6001 which means that the InstallShield Wizard cannot find the seup.exe file. The download master file is named "DS7_download_master.exe". I have contacted Livingsoft about this problem and so far they have been unable to find a solution.

Anyone else having this problem? Please let me know. I have become very frustrated and am ready to ask for a refund and just use my old dress shop.

HELP!!!!!
I don't know if this is relevant in your case,but I had a similar problem a while back,so at the last resort, I uninstalled the program.Then got a clean copy of the program again.I had a glitch in my PC which seemed to have caused the problem.Did Peggy Sue help you with this?.Sometimes this get a bit awry with puters.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can think of a couple reasons off hand.

The upgrade needs to be installed on top of the owned program. You need to install the full program first.
or
Upgrades and full installs etc must be installed while the program is closed. IF the program you are upgrading is installed and open the upgrade will not install properly.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a similar problem with MPD. It would install, but wouldn't open. Peggy Sue sent me a CD and I had the same results. This was on my laptop which is several years old. (By the way, DS worked just fine.) I finally reformatted the hard drive and started from scratch just like a new computer. Problem solved! Now MPD works OK except for an occasional Microsoft Error that shuts down the program every so often, but I was getting that on my desktop also. It has let up since the last Windows update.

Hope this helps,

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your replies, but last night after I had posted, I had put the my Dress Shop 6.16 back on the computer. I had been iinstructed to completely remove the old program, but this only works if you purchase the full program, not the update. I had a file for an update and you cannot update what is not there. Once I put the old program back on, all I had to do was type in my new activation code and the entire new program was installed! Everything is now working just fine. I put in my activation codes for my pattern packets I had purchased and now I am up and running! Once again, thanks!

Posts: 10 | Location: sewlovely55@hotmail.com | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post