Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Princess seam line
 Login/Join

posted
Is there any way to adjust the front princess seam line so it falls straight down from bust point parallel to CF?

I do not understand why it angles in toward CF which makes front panel very narrow at waist. I want front panel to be same width as as bust span at the waist.

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comfort fit will give you the look you want.
It takes out all dart shaping below the bust line.

Most people want more shaping below the bust line, but that is the great thing about DS. You have 4 different fit levels to choose from to get your personal shaping desires.

If it is still not straight enough for you, you can add ease to the waist hip and abs to get a looser fit.

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Comfort fit will give you the look you want.
It takes out all dart shaping below the bust line.

Most people want more shaping below the bust line, but that is the great thing about DS. You have 4 different fit levels to choose from to get your personal shaping desires.

If it is still not straight enough for you, you can add ease to the waist hip and abs to get a looser fit.

If you do not own the Fit Tool, just add waist ease in the ease dialog. The more waist ease, the less waist dart shaping you will get in the princess line.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried adding waist ease (I do not own the Fit Tool) but it only increases the width of side front not center panel.

While comfort fit gives me a straight seam bust to waist - I still need the shaping from bust to waits - bascally transfer the shaping from center panel to side panel.

Guess I will have to go back to hand drafting...

Wish List:
It would be nice if the Dart Tool would allow manipulation (angle, size etc) of waist darts (for tops/bodices only)

Posts: 50 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the waist darting at waist will narrow the center panel at waist....you can add frotn waist ease as desired to make that line straight.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post