Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Slim Fit Pants in 1.03
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slim Fit Pants in 1.03
 Login/Join

posted
Vicki,

I am so glad you have written about what you see with pants in 1.03. I thought I was losing my mind!! I sew for several people and see a definite change, especially for measurements with larger body depth. The pattern is not only different but probably cannot be sewn. I think it is because there has been a change to try to make the slim fit pattern fit closer in the back of the leg just below the crotch. This is a much better look for jeans but a real surprise for me because I have been using this pattern for all my pants. (I think the dress pants pattern is just too much ease to be attractive.)

I am interested in your findings.

Liz

Posts: 5 | Registered: 16 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by n-stitches:
I sew for several people and see a definite change, especially for measurements with larger body depth. The pattern is not only different but probably cannot be sewn. I think it is because there has been a change to try to make the slim fit pattern fit closer in the back of the leg just below the crotch.
I am interested in your findings.

Hi, Liz -

We're talking MPD slim pant here, right? If you have an old pattern printout, you should be able to add ease back into the thigh of the slim fit pant and match it. It is just rather disconcerting when you first look at it.

Mine sews up the way it drafts now just fine. I just put together a pair of the fit pants that I cut off at mid thigh level. In fact it is a little closer leg size to what I'm used to wearing. I like the look better once I get everything else to fit.

It did pull a little in the front thigh when I walked but I think the extra ease before might have been hiding that problem although I did re-measure my upper and mid-thigh. It turns out that although I lost a few more pounds since I took my measurements, I've been doing so much treadmill walking that my thighs have actually increased in size. Always something! Razzer

I'm printing another pattern off now with my measurement changes. Anyway, there wasn't a problem sewing it.

Vicki

MPD Pro 4.00a, DS 9.09a, Win 7, IE10, HP Deskjet 7000 & Officejet Pro K8600

Posts: 208 | Location: in Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Liz,

I have sewn up the slim pant and they fit fine. Did you decrease the back depth up to where the red line ends or print out as is.Karren or Bob could explain this better then me. laura

Posts: 104 | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have sewn up the slim pant and they fit fine. Did you decrease the back depth up to where the red line ends or print out as is.Karren or Bob could explain this better then me.

Sorry, not me. I think there may have been a bug fix regarding crotch rise ease in some patterns, but it was quite awhile back and I have been working on outerwear and Men's patterns for the past several months and I just do not remember which patterns were getting the incorrect ease amount.

I should point out that there have been no reports suggesting that the MPD pants do not fit as well. Vicki suggested that the change gave her the added crotch depth she was trying to get. She most likely needed the ease correction that others had been asking for.

And, Laura stated that her pants fit properly. If we do not have a fit problem that cannot be adjusted, then I don't think this is the best place for us to spend time on just now. The adjustment rules I suggested some months ago do not work in all cases. I'm sorry that my suggestion was not universal and permanent. But, if it fits, then I would suggest you not get too concerned. When you get the fit you are looking for, move on to other things. There is always something else to try.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post