Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bias Skirts Query
 Login/Join

posted
Bias-cut skirts are very popular at the moment, either with a faced waist or elasticated.

Which DS pattern should I use if I want to make one? I thought the slinky looked about the right shape...

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ann none of our patterns are currently sized to BIAS cuts.something we hope to add in the future.

Bias drips downward and at the same time narrows

It would be wise if trying this out to give yourself at least 1 inch seam allowances and be prepared to cut a lot of extra length after allowing to hang for a minimum 3 days before hemming.

do plan to stabilize the waist area! and grain bias to true bias not just "off grain"

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have made several bias skirts using the slinky pattern. I used elastic for the waist and cut it on the true bias. The drape is wonderful. Of course it requires more fabric.
I would give it a try.

MPD 2 Pro, DS Pro with almost every feature and pattern collection

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Have had a long, enjoyable day getting my measurements straight today, will have a go at a bias skirt using the slinky sometime and will report back Smiler

Anne

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post