Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Front of blouse swinging open
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front of blouse swinging open
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone had the problem of the front of a blouse swinging open when unbuttoned? I think I must still have a problem which didn't show up in the sloper - when I do a front open blouse, it just doesn't want to meet squarely down the front, but it tends to swing out. Any suggestions on which measurements to check? Thanks Patti

Posts: 21 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patti did you use an interfacing down the front to control that?

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no, this is just on a draft pattern. I think I've still got a problem with the front or back slope. I've printed out a new pattern to try. Thanks

posted Hide Post
Patti you say that it doesn't meet squarely on the fronts?this may be an abdominal/hip issue,wherby you need the room in front,in any case bring up the blouse pattern, put your grid on and count the blocks/squares,also check and make sure they both, front an backs look like they balance,if theres a dart there make exeptions for that take up. print off a quarter scale rather than print off in full scale,its more economical too.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I redid my bodice sloper using the wizard to determine the slopes, and entering my known width measuresurements. The results are pretty good - the front hangs like it should. I thought I had this problem fixed once before, but until I tried something fitted, the problem didn't show up.

Also, I don't think I had the armhole balanced like it should of been - this may have been pulling stuff out of whack too. Looks good now.

Thanks Patti

posted Hide Post
I know what you mean! I had the dickens of a time, balancing my front and back,but that was due to the slopes and Fulls being off, which controls the lengths of a blouse in F/B,plus the shoulder points.Its amazing how facinating the softwear is, to get things where you want them, with different figure types too.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10