Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mens shell
 Login/Join

posted
I am making an undervest with the mens shell pattern,input of stretch value's,the fabric is grey interlock knit.I am also using self fabric bias for the armhole band and hem.Everything is going well with the pattern.This is for me though gggls,I need some vests for winter months,I could buy them of course,but I love to make all I can with my DS.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
which pattern are you sing for a "mans shell".main menu items draft to womens code and I dont recall a pattern with that name in men's wear.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It drafts to my measurments,but says on the print out mens shell.I have some mens shirts pattern packets here too.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a men's vest pattern. I have the Essential Men's group but the hip vest is grayed out and says its a part of a yet unreleased pattern set. Is this correct? Of course, THIS is the pattern HE wants made up!
Is this supposed to be grayed out? Everything else in men's is there.

AliceM DS Educator
DS6.14 Pro, MPD with everything else. WinXP, HP3050 color laser printer

Posts: 36 | Location: Ocean Park, WA | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hip vest is in Men's Wear which was released not too long ago. That collection has91 patterns in it, versus the handful of patterns that came out in a couple pattern sets 1012,1013 and 1025 released a few years back.

If you have your File setting set to "show all" patterns even if not owned, and then click the Preview button you will see everything included in pattern sets 1012/1013 and 1025.

IF a pattern is grayed out on the main menu it is not part of what you currently own. It should tell you what collection or patetrn set it may be obtained from.
Kaaren
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The hip vest is in Men's Wear which was released not too long ago. That collection has91 patterns in it, versus the handful of patterns that came out in a couple pattern sets 1012,1013 and 1025 released a few years back.

If you have your File setting set to "show all" patterns even if not owned, and then click the Preview button you will see everything included in pattern sets 1012/1013 and 1025.

IF a pattern is grayed out on the main menu it is not part of what you currently own. It should tell you what collection or patetrn set it may be obtained from.

Sorry to disagree, but sometimes I just have to.... ;-)

The Hip Vest is a very old pattern that came out as part of Addon Set 14. We no longer sell the addon sets and that pattern is not a part of any packet or collection that has been released since then.

It was replaced with the release of the "Men's Collection" with the Sports Vest, the pattern that Kaaren was thinking about. The Hip Vest has a nicer illustration, but the Sports Vest is the better, more complete pattern. That's the one you want....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ooops.I wasnt think of those old add on sets.my mind was stuck on the "men's" offerings.

sorry for any confusion I caused.
K

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bob. The sports vest will do just fine!

AliceM DS Educator

Posts: 36 | Location: Ocean Park, WA | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
ooops.I wasnt think of those old add on sets.my mind was stuck on the "men's" offerings.

sorry for any confusion I caused.
K

No problem. With the number of patterns we have available, a little confusion is expected. Razzer

AliceM DS Educator