Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Printing full sized patterns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printing full sized patterns
 Login/Join

posted
Hi...I'm a newbie and still getting things straightened out.

The problem is that I can't get my printer to print full sized patterns--they come out as very pretty little tiny things.

I have a Canon Large Format W6200PG that prints from roll paper in a 24X36 size. I've followed the settings suggested in the DS8 manual, but they don't help any. I'm running it on Server2003/WinXP and the printer defaults are set correctly and no scaling is happening from that side.

I haven't had any problems using this printer with other pattern-making software--am I missing something magical here?

Thanks!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Posts: 27 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 28 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure to set your scale of the pattern piece to 100%
look on the piece in 25% to see the total height of the piece ( ie front = 29 inch sleeve= 26 inches)

set the custom paper height for front to 1 inch ( or so..) greater than the pattern piece

print the piece, click next piece - it reverts to 25%, adjust scale to 100% -set the 2nd piece to 1 inch greater than pattern piece... or if you dont care about wasted paper set the paper length to 1 inch greater than the longest piece and print each at that paper length.

I do custom lengths for each pattern peice, print with black ink only and in quick draft for the majority of my patterns.

Your page set up must conform to your printer set up.yoyur custom papeper length must be preset to a length longer than your pattern peices at default- then you trim them down for each individual piece.
I just reread this and saw again roll paper 24 - and then sawq by 36" long.so you max length if going to be 36", my roll feed printer is 24" by 150 Feet- so there will be pattern pieces for you that will require 2 or more pages in length.

So- here is my correction- if they are precut SHEETS of paper 36 long just enter that in your page set up. 24 by 36 and just select scale to 100% for each pattern piece.

K

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ill go one further- I went hunting for tech help for you- since this printer is designed to run with Win 3 - you may need to update the driver.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a search and the link below has the latest drivers for that printer that I was able to locate.

http://download.cnet.com/Canon...0-2116_4-129695.html

Hope that helps

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fully agree with updating your printer,I had problems when i had to reinstall DS some time ago,then remembered in class, whereby Kaaren said always update your printer driver when things don't print properly.Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone...making sure the setting is at 100% seemed to do it. Smiler

Re updating the drivers...yup, we had already done that--but the real problem is that there are no drivers for Win7 for this printer (at least there weren't about 3 weeks ago); fortunately, I can do a terminal serve sessions and run the software and print it from our server which is running Server2003 so the available drivers work well with that. Fortunately, hubby is a true IT guy so all I have to do is look sad and he's off on the quest to figure it out. Wink

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Posts: 27 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 28 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your drivers are for Windows XP or 2003 find the printer folder in my computer. program files. Right click on the folder and open properties. Open of the tabs should, if they programmers haven't gone completely nuts, say something about compatibility. Click on it and select the operating system you used before. In general operating systems and other software will accept one or two versions back and work. I hope this helps.

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post