Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help reports
 Login/Join

posted
Since I updated to the V 6.16, I'm not able to send a help report. Has any one else had this problem? The side seam of the back piece to the bermuda short is curving in at the hemline. I can't send a problem report.
Thanks
Elaine

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you get the update early yesterday morning? There was a problem with it then. Try downloading and installing again. The problem has been fixed.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm able to send in a problem report now but the bermudas wer curved before the previous up date, after the up date and after the reupdate. But at least I was able to send a problem report. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same problem and I did the v6.16 update last night. I can't send a help report.
For some reason I can't get the reference lines for waist and hips to show up on a french high cut leg Maillot swimsuit. It printed on previous patterns but not it won't. The 6.16 update was the newest update since 6.13 that I did.

Posts: 22 | Registered: 09 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get both waist and abd line. in DS 6.16 for this garment. I don't recall hip being offered.
In fact I have the racer back swim suit pattern hangign near my chair from test days(a derivative of the maillot block) and hip lines don't appear on it either.

Ill look into it for you.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took a moment to send a test help report.it went and is workign right now. Could have been a server busy or down for maintenance or soemthing momentarily.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just tried to send a report and I get Action cancelled. Sorry it was the waist and ab reference lines, not hip. They show up on the leg option until you pick french cut. Previously the waist reference line showed up, (not the ab) now front under bust, front bust, high bust, front across chest, back across back and back bust reference lines show up. No waist.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I just tried to send a report and I get Action cancelled. Sorry it was the waist and ab reference lines, not hip. They show up on the leg option until you pick french cut. Previously the waist reference line showed up, (not the ab) now front under bust, front bust, high bust, front across chest, back across back and back bust reference lines show up. No waist.

No reference line below the bottom of a garment are generally intended to be displayed. So, the hip line should not show in a Maillot swimsuit. As to the ab line, that depends on whether the garment length is checked at the center front (which comes close to crotch level - not quite, due to length reductions for knits) or at the side seam. Those tests vary for different patterns since those lengths generally are about the same. In this case, that might matter.

In addition, when the side seam reaches ab depth or shorter, the routine that draws the reference lines presumes that it is dealing with an upper body garment (blouse or jacket), not a lower body garment (which needs more reference lines). Which lines get drawn changes in that case. The high and french cut leg lines come to that point at the side seam, so that pattern will not show the same reference lines that it shows when the side seam is lower (medium leg to boy cut leg lines).

If you are unable to submit a problem report, then you may not have a good 6.16 update. When that was first posted (around midnight pst, early on the morning of Saturday, February 14), the problem report feature was not working. That was reported around 8:00am, the update was pulled, corrected, and replaced around 11:00am. If you got that version, your problem report will not work. If you think that is possible, get the current patch file, which will correct that for you. That patch file is here:

Dress Shop 6.16 patch file

Hope some of this is useful....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob
I have patterns with the same french leg cut and it printed the waist reference line AND the ab line. Now it won't. The last pattern group that I was playing around in was the skating dress so I don't know if that set it off or not. I use that reference line alot with color block and without it I don't know where the waist is on many different customers. I will try the 6.16 update again with the patch but this problem was occuring before I did the 6.16 update. (the current version then was 6.13)

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob
I applied the patch and the report thing to work so I've sent you my info. Thanks for the info. I can send you a problem report showing the waist reference lines I was talking about if you want to see that too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have patterns with the same french leg cut and it printed the waist reference line AND the ab line. Now it won't. The last pattern group that I was playing around in was the skating dress so I don't know if that set it off or not. I use that reference line alot with color block and without it I don't know where the waist is on many different customers. I will try the 6.16 update again with the patch but this problem was occuring before I did the 6.16 update. (the current version then was 6.13)

Well, the waist line should not go away in any case, and it does. I revised this pattern so it will display the waist and ab at all times and the hip as well if that happens to be above the very bottom of the swimsuit. Should be in the next update.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
quote:
I applied the patch and the report thing to work so I've sent you my info. Thanks for the info. I can send you a problem report showing the waist reference lines I was talking about if you want to see that too.

Not needed, Diana. Thanks. The waist line should never have gone away. When I was correcting that, I change the swimsuits so they would show the ab line, too. The hip line will show if the center bottom is below hip level. This change will be included in the next program update.

Thank you all for the reports on it...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)