Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The fitted blouse
 Login/Join

posted
Well, I must appologize and thank you all for your help. Last night I made the perfect fitting fitted top. I'm just sorry that I made it out of such loud material. I shortened the across sholder front and back and shortened the across chest and across back which brought the sholder point where it should be and pulled the arm scye in closer and now the sleeves hang beautifully.
That was one of my New Years resolutions to be able to use this program and understand it. I believe I'm well on my way.
Thanks again to every one for patients and guidance.
I've scheduled a week off in February to do noting but sew!!!!!!
Elaine

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Lesko:
Well, I must appologize and thank you all for your help. Last night I made the perfect fitting fitted top. I'm just sorry that I made it out of such loud material. I shortened the across sholder front and back and shortened the across chest and across back which brought the sholder point where it should be and pulled the arm scye in closer and now the sleeves hang beautifully.
That was one of my New Years resolutions to be able to use this program and understand it. I believe I'm well on my way.
Thanks again to every one for patients and guidance.
I've scheduled a week off in February to do noting but sew!!!!!!
Elaine
Do we get to see pictures? Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elaine, I'm so happy that you found the solution - getting that first fit is such a challenge, and so frustrating. Yahoo for you!

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pictures hummm. I did get a new digital camera for Christmas. I'm not real savy but I'll try to post some pictures. Remember the material is awful.
One other question. The V neck on the blouse comes up to high. I went to neck and I see a place to put in number. I put in a 2 thinking it would lower it 2 inches. But it raised it. Do you put in negative numbers or how many inches you want it down from a jewel neck?

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With your grid on and or ref lines and amoutns and looking at "just the front" piece you will see the numbers for both width and depth of the neckline.

The depth is from the top of full not from the bottom of the jewel neckline. View the numebr decided how much lower you want and add that to the existing number.

A vee neck for ME is 7.42 if I want it ~ 2 inches deeper enter 9.4 or 9.5- that would be below high bust for me - so compare using your reference lines so you have "landmarks" to make decisions by.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
One other question. The V neck on the blouse comes up to high. I went to neck and I see a place to put in number. I put in a 2 thinking it would lower it 2 inches. But it raised it. Do you put in negative numbers or how many inches you want it down from a jewel neck?

I know you would rather have a simple answer, but this is one of hundreds of questions that you will run into which are answered in detaile within the program and you will get further faster if you read the help articles that talk about each tool in detail. From the neckline tool, click on the "Tell Me More" link at the top to see an illustrated article with the answer to this as well as many other questions that you have not thought to ask yet....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post