Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    unsure how this works
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

unsure how this works
 Login/Join

posted
When I set an amount in the Cap ease box using the sleeve editor function, the amount shown on the pattern is different.

If I want to have a particular amount for cap ease do i have to keep changing the amount in the cap ease box until this amount shown? This doesn't seem likely so I'm wondering why the amounts are different.

Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teresa pople:
When I set an amount in the Cap ease box using the sleeve editor function, the amount shown on the pattern is different.

If I want to have a particular amount for cap ease do i have to keep changing the amount in the cap ease box until this amount shown? This doesn't seem likely so I'm wondering why the amounts are different.

Teresa

Teresa,
I asked this exact same question to Kaaren last week in her class. Problem is I can't remember the answer. I think she said that what you enter is the correct number. Maybe Kaaren can chime in her and confirm that for us.
Thanks for asking, it is a very good question.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I want to have a particular amount for cap ease do i have to keep changing the amount in the cap ease box until this amount shown?

How close are they? In my fitted shirt if I enter 1" cap ease, on the screen to the right it shows I have 1.04" cap ease -- that's close enough -- much better than 1.5 would be.

So I wouldn't worry if it is a couple/few hundredths off -- remember 1 1/8 inch would be 1.125" so 1.04 is very acceptable.

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cap ease can be effected by cap height and bicep ease.
Increase bicep ease reduces cap height, increasing cap ease increases cap height.

It is a balancing act!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post