Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Bob- information about plotters for Dress Shop ^ please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob- information about plotters for Dress Shop ^ please
 Login/Join

<Deena>
posted
The printer is a Hewlett Packard wide format 130 (can't remember the letters right now). It is considered a plotter/wide format. It has the 6 cartridges and is rated as photo quality. All of that high end stuff isn't needed for DS or MPD, I use Fast/Draft quality and the lines are dark enough. Strangely enough, I like to use color for my patterns as there is information in the colors of the lines.

BTW the paper I use is "translucent bond" on a 24 inch wide roll. This paper is also available in letter and tabloid sizes. It's 18 lb, a nice texture, easy to pin through and designed so we can trace through it as well! It also happens to be the cheapest roll paper for the printer.

quote:
Originally posted by Diane Day:
Deena, which HP model number is that, please?

Diane

quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
My DH purchased a HP wide format printer [AKA plotter] with a 24inch width. It was fine out of the box, so NOW you are hearing from me. Deena in Houston

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great information, Deena, thanks!

Diane

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DeborahC
Can you tell me what kind of a plotter you use.
We have a CalComp 1023 pen plotter. We would like to know what plotter program you use to convert them from DS or MPD. Thanks.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Roland PNC-950 CAM-1. In DressShop, I had the option to "enable printing for plotters" and print directly from the application to my plotter.

In MPD there isn't any option for that yet, so I haven't been able to use my plotter with MPD. I hate taping, that seems to take more time than cutting out and sewing up a garment....Smiler

DeborahC

Posts: 28 | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hubby's office just purchased an HP4500PS that does up to a 45" wide plot. I am really excited about it but must learn lot more before I attempt use. Hubby is very good at that stuff and we have a good service tech who can help. I'll keep you posted about my progress.
Kelly

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DeborahC:
In MPD there isn't any option for that yet, so I haven't been able to use my plotter with MPD. I hate taping, that seems to take more time than cutting out and sewing up a garment....Smiler

Hi,
MPD has a setting (File->Setting) called "Enable scroll bars". This setting is designed to print an entire pattern piece. It was not called Support Plotters because we had difficulties with some plotters working correctly. The option is there and you should give it a try with you plotter, it might work for you.

If you test this out, would you please report you findings. Plotters are poorly supported by Windows and we'd love to get as much information from users as we can get.

Hope this helps,
Greg Hightower

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, you are a peach!! thanks for letting me know. Can't wait until the weekend to give it a go. Will keep you posted.

DeborahC
Palmetto Florida

Posts: 28 | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post