Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Hat Shop  Hop To Forums  Hat Shop Topics    Hats from scraps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hats from scraps
 Login/Join

Picture of Llantrisant
posted
I had an idea recently,since I have some scraps left over from my jeans projects,to make a hat and wear it with my motorcycle jacket and jeans.Of course It won't be for a while as yet, and then I need to decide on a pattern too.Choices choices lol.So much fun. Big Grin

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Freda Ive used scraps for a number of hats, and at holiday time always do a set of hat and scarf for all the kids and gkids in the northern states.

Polar fleece made some really fun and warm sets.

The grand girls are all getting a bit older and Ive got requests for "fur hats" for this winter.

Now they are older Im planning cute purses to go with. For the parents Im doing cell phone cases and at least one beaded evening bag..ordered the jet and iridescent black beads just this morning for my favorite DIL.

I think Ill make Cady a velvet evening bag as she is in several formal recitals this winter with the local chamber orchestra and do just a light kind of random beading on it. Maybe do a gold chain instead of handles.

its so sew nice to be back in my bright airy sewing room even if it looks like a tornado went thru it at the moment.....2 of my 3 boxes of fabric arrived today........

a trip to Loews for some closet organizers should help. ( I hope!)

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Llantrisant
posted Hide Post
Hi Kaaren,that sounds great for hats n scarves too,love the idea of purses,I have scraps of denim here from my jeans pattern,so maybe makes some of those newsboy hats with that.In the midst of makeing pants now,and need to get one thing out of the way before doing another project.Im so glad your back there safely too,and look forward to classes again.Getting withdrawl symptoms here lol.Kidding of course.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This isn't OT, but it is about Hat Shop.
I have a new computer and re-installed Hat Shop. I cannot get it to print in full scale. It does print 1/4 scale and screen. How do I fix this? All I get is a completely black page.

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joan, Hat Shop uses Microsoft's Virtual Machine to print. Black page is conflict between printer and Sun's version of Java. Try downloading Microsoft VM (Java) from DS download pages under the "old stuff." Then go into IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab; scroll down to Java and uncheck; next under Microsoft VM, check the "JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled (requires restart)."

Page Setup needs to be done in both IE and in the Hat Shop program.

See what happens when you load the Microsoft VM and restart.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Diane Day:
Joan, Hat Shop uses Microsoft's Virtual Machine to print. Black page is conflict between printer and Sun's version of Java. Try downloading Microsoft VM (Java) from DS download pages under the "old stuff." Then go into IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab; scroll down to Java and uncheck; next under Microsoft VM, check the "JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled (requires restart)."

Page Setup needs to be done in both IE and in the Hat Shop program.

See what happens when you load the Microsoft VM and restart.

Diane, thank you, that was the problem. With a new computer you would think it would include MS Virtual Machine, but guess not!

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post