Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Hat Shop  Hop To Forums  Hat Shop Topics    Not working on new computer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not working on new computer
 Login/Join

Picture of Gabrielle Stanley
posted
I've just installed Hat Shop on my new laptop but can't get it to work properly. It tells me that I have activated it correctly, but when I pick a design and click 'Draft It' no pattern is drafted, I just see the hat or purse description.

I'm wondering if it is an IE setup thing, (or something similar) but it is so long ago that I installed on the old machine I can't remember what settings I used there.

Gabrielle
UK

DS Pro 6.17, FD1&2, Fit Tool, Illusions, Ult Outerwear, Ult Pants, all sets to 1052
HatShop 1.1
MPD Pro 1.0401, drafting engine 6.19

Posts: 8 | Location: UK | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<LivingSoft Support>
posted
Hi Gabrielle,

Most likely, you need to go get Microsoft's Virtual Machine (VM) which is what Hat Shop uses for drafting. I've included the link below that is on the LivingsoftNW web site.
http://www.livingsoftnw.com/Download2.htm

Save the download to your desktop, then install. You must restart your computer for the changes to take effect. The installation of VM will not effect anything else in your computer.

If you encounter any problems, you can contact me directly at support@livingsoftnw.com

PeggySue
Tech Support Wink

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gabrielle

I note that you are in the UK and therefore probably set up as metric.

Following is a note I sent about HatShop printing issues .

"I worked through all the settings – it was the page size. A4 is 8.27 * 11.69 inches – Hat Shop only works with 8.5” * 11”. I’ve set the right hand margin slightly bigger to allow for that.
Quarter scales still prints way off to the right hand side but I can live with that."

Hope you can get it working which reminds me that I don't think I've tried printing since rebuilding my PC a few months back.

JD

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peggy Sue

I think you must be right, I looked through my Internet Options and couldn't find any reference to Microsoft VM or Java. My wireless router arrives today so the new machine will be online soon, I think I'll wait rather than download on the old machine and transfer as I did with the programs.

Janet

I have compared the page setup on IE and HS on both machines and set them both the same. Thanks for reminding me about this. I'm waiting until I have transferred everything before switching the printer to my new machine. However I'll have to get something to draft before I can check the printing.

I'll report back.

Gabrielle
UK

DS Pro 6.17, FD1&2, Fit Tool, Illusions, Ult Outerwear, Ult Pants, all sets to 1052
HatShop 1.1

Posts: 8 | Location: UK | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally managed to download the VM and test it, and I have drafted and printed off a test pattern. It worked, though I do need to get my head round setting the page length correctly for A4 paper. The width is O.K., but I have a lot wasted at the bottom of each page. Still, that is minor compared to actually drafting (ggg).

This 'new' laptop is playing up big time, so I may have to go through the whole thing again with a replacement if the tech can't stop it crashing so often!

Gabrielle
UK

HatShop 1.1

posted Hide Post
Hi Gabrielle

If it's any help my page settings are as follows:
Left 0.5, Right 1.0, Top 0.75, Bottom 0.75 - all in inches.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post