New
Find
Notify
Tools

Balacalarva
 Login/Join

Picture of Llantrisant
posted
I was wondering about this pattern for hat shop,its the hooded style with a small opening for the eyes,the mouth is closed,I don't know what theyre called here.In short all covered over the head, with peep holes for eyes.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobbieann
posted Hide Post
Hey Freda,

I've seen some hunters wearing these types of hoods. Hmmmm how would we do that? It would have to have lots of stretch & recovery for a "good" knit to go over head & not sag.

Good suggestion for a future pattern, me thinks.

Gentle Hugs,
Bobbieann

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Llantrisant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobbieann:
Hey Freda,

I've seen some hunters wearing these types of hoods. Hmmmm how would we do that? It would have to have lots of stretch & recovery for a "good" knit to go over head & not sag.

Good suggestion for a future pattern, me thinks.

Gentle Hugs,
Bobbieann
I think it would have to be a rib knit type fabric for stretch,some call them skidoo masks I think, or ski hoods.Fabric stores carry knit fabric you can make sweaters from also, but certain times of the year.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post