Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updates
 Login/Join

posted
I have Doll Shop Deluxe 5.17 on my laptop. How can I get a copy of update 5.19? I would really like to have it. Thank You, VivS

Posts: 4 | Registered: 26 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have Doll Shop Deluxe 5.17 on my laptop. How can I get a copy of update 5.19? I would really like to have it. Thank You, VivS

I don't know if that particular update is still available. The current updates are build 6.14 for Dress Shop 6 users and 5.30 for Dress Shop 5 users.

Did you really need that particular version for some reason or do you need help getting the current update to your laptop?

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If dress shop 5 update 5.30 will work with the doll portion of dress shop then that is the one I would want. Where would I find it?
I have the latest build of Dress Shop 6 which is on my desk top, but don't really use it because I have to much trouble using it with dolls. Would the new dress designer that is out make a difference in designing clothes for dolls? VivS

<Ali>
posted
Hi!
I have Doll Shop Deluxe, ver. 5.17.93. Is there any update available?
Thanks,
Ali

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If dress shop 5 update 5.30 will work with the doll portion of dress shop then that is the one I would want. Where would I find it?

All updates can be found by going to http://www.LivingsoftNW.com, clicking on "Downloads" and selecting the product you want.

quote:
I have the latest build of Dress Shop 6 which is on my desk top, but don't really use it because I have to much trouble using it with dolls.

The most recent version of Dress Shop 5 would draft the same patterns as the most recent version of Dress Shop 6. DS6 has more patterns and tools and settings, but they both share the DS5 patterns.

If any of the DS6 patterns do not draft well with doll measurements, then the latest DS5 update will do the same. There are a handful of features (some of the yokes come to mind) that might use fixed numbers of inches in their draft and those would not work well with dolls. There are not many features like that, though and none of those features were available at all in earlier builds of Dress Shop. So, I would not think you would lose anything by upgrading. If it worked before, it should still be working now.

quote:
Would the new dress designer that is out make a difference in designing clothes for dolls?

Yes and no. If a pattern does not draft well for doll measurements in DS6, it probably will still not draft well for doll measurements in MPD. But, MPD certainly has far more patterns that will work for dolls than Dress Shop does.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Livingsoftnw.com then click downloads

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have Doll Shop Deluxe, ver. 5.17.93. Is there any update available?

Doll Shop Deluxe is a part of the Dress Shop Family of products. You can get the latest update for it at this web page:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm

Doll Shop Deluxe is not among the products listed there as some patterns and features that have been added in the past year may not work with doll measurements. But, the update will provide better patterns for dolls for any patterns and features that you have now.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

<Ali>
posted
Thanks so much, Bob. Since Doll Shop is not listed past ver. 4X, in the archives, which one do I choose, for just the Doll Shop update to ver.5.17.93?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know if that particular update is still available. The current updates are build 6.14 for Dress Shop 6 users and 5.30 for Dress Shop 5 users.

Is these somewhere I can find update 5.30? All the updates I found for all products were 6.14.
What will happen if I update 5.14 to that? VivS

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks so much, Bob. Since Doll Shop is not listed past ver. 4X, in the archives, which one do I choose, for just the Doll Shop update to ver.5.17.93?

5.17 is long gone. I'm sorry, but that is 13 updates old. We do not continue to distribute versions that have known problems that have long ago been corrected.

Doll Shop Deluxe is a part of the Dress Shop Family of products. We do not list every one of those products in the menus there as there are about 60 of them and the lists just get too long. You can take any of the Dress Shop 5 updates. Or, you can take the Dress Shop 6 update. They are all the same update. After you install and run it, whatever product you have activated will be the one that comes up. That includes Doll Shop Deluxe 5.

Sorry that it is so confusing. We were trying to simplify the update page, not obscure which update does what. We'll work on that some more...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Is these somewhere I can find update 5.30? All the updates I found for all products were 6.14.
What will happen if I update 5.14 to that? VivS

Same file, Viv. That one update will work for both 6.14 and for 5.30. Whatever you have activated is what you will get when you run it.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

<Ali>
posted
That helps, thanks for taking the time to explain it, Bob. I appreciate your quick reply.

Ali

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
use the latest DRess Shop 5 version
K

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post