Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Custom Pattern Software User Groups  Hop To Forums  Greater Philadelphia (NJ, DE too)    Greater Phila. meeting in St. Davids, Tuesday, May 9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greater Phila. meeting in St. Davids, Tuesday, May 9
 Login/Join

posted
Friends, the Greater Philadelphia DressShop/My Pattern Design Users' group has a new name! We've generalized to "Greater Phila. Custom-fit Software Users' Group" - and we've also become a SIG of the American Sewing Guild's Philadelphia chapter. Of course, we still serve the same wide-spread group of people, from Cape May, New Jersey to Lancaster County, PA on the east and west and from Delaware/Maryland to the Poconos on the south and north...people who are interested in and/or users of computer software to design garments that fit individuals precisely.

This month we'll hear from Mary Ann about the ASG fashion show and talk about the results of our survey concerning custom-fit software. Therefore, whether or not you're able to attend Tuesday's meeting, please respond to this email to tell us:

1. Are you interested in continuing to receive notices of these meetings?

2. When is your preferred meeting time: weekday, Saturday, or Sunday?

We're moving the meeting places around from our base in St. Davids, Delaware County to Lititz, Lancaster County, to Warminster, Bucks County. What suits you? People drive to all of these places from a variety of locations; we carpool. The St. Davids location is a block and a half from the St. Davids train station on the R5/Thorndale line, so public transportation is available.

Enough about housekeeping details! Now, about sewing: have you made a new torso sloper? re-imagined a tried-and-true garment (Marj has a new robe)? played with newly released designs? decided to use custom-fit software for new projects? Please, come and share your current work-in-process and questions.

RSVP with both information and whether or not you can attend Tuesday, May 9, from 10:30 to 3:30 p.m.

Marj Jensen
Southeastern PA

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Marj

Yes, please continue to send notices to me. Maybe one day soon I will actually be able to come to the meetings again.

My preferred meeting day is Sunday. Just easier for me workwise.10:30 is a little early for me considering where I am coming from. But don't schedule the meeting around my availability.

I have been working on my casual shell test fit garment and having a problem with the shoulder placement. Working on the solution for that without much success in between doing my home sewing business/home dec clients.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post