Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    March 2006 Newsletter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March 2006 Newsletter
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Bob, That was my problem. I didn't realize there were 3 places you had to check.

Way too complicated, I agree!

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps since a general list of email bounces isn't allowed a note could be placed on our account page to let us know the email is bouncing. I haven't gotten a newsletter for a very long time and it would be nice to know if it is because my email bounced for some reason.

Well, I think this is a great idea. Let me see if I can make it happen...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
The problem with that is privacy constraints. We cant/wont just publish a list of users emails address's .

We will attempt find a way to notify you that your name was on a bounced list.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my LivingSoft newsletter Vol 11 today via e-mail. Thanks for whatever you fixed.

Maybe people need to know that the sender name is "info@livingsoftnw.com" to be sure that this address is allowed to pass through spam filters.

Margot Julian
MPD Pro 2.5b
Pants Designer

Posts: 38 | Location: Eureka, California, USA | Registered: 12 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got my newsletter, too, as of 3/11 around 10AM. Whether this was a resend or the original finally making it through the system, I have no way of knowing. Thanks, Sandy in NM

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looks like you found the solution, Bob. My newsletter arrived too. It was sent Sat evening.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
looks like you found the solution, Bob. My newsletter arrived too. It was sent Sat evening.

Glad to hear it. I doubt we have found every delivery issue. But, those that were simply not emailed should not happen again.

Thanks to all that reported the lapses and put up with the confusion. ;-)

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of the newsletters did that did get emailed, but were not delivered this time, the reasons for the bounces were mostly NOT spam filters. Below is the list of other reasons provided by the email services that refused delivery:

1. Server could not be contacted at this time.

2. Resources temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

3. Remote SMTP Server Returned: 550 relay not permitted

4. account is full (quota exceeded)

5. permission denied

6. Mail Server could not accept your email at this time.

7. ...is not a valid mailbox

8. Mailbox currently suspended - Please contact correspondent directly.

9. Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection: Please try later.

Several of these suggest that we should simply try the email again at a later date. There are several problems with that. Those take hand work, one at a time to handle. We often do not have the available staff time for that. But, worse, if it continues to bounce with each try, then the service provider will eventually block all email from us, not just for that individual, but for all others that had been getting delivery at that domain.

We will continue to work on the bouncers and try to figure out what to do with them. But, if any of these bounce reasons suggest something that you can do to get your emails delivered, please do.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have not recieved a newsletter either. Could you email me at melinda.stone@gmail.com and let me know if I'm one of the bounces, etc? Thanks,

Melinda Stone
Bixby, OK

DS Pro 6.19, MPD Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie, Activewear, Add-on 1023
MPD PRO v.1.11, XP Pro, HP 722

Posts: 15 | Location: Bixby, OK | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still have not recieved a newsletter either. Could you email me at melinda.stone@gmail.com and let me know if I'm one of the bounces, etc?

I will, but cannot today. PeggySue gets the bounces and she is building the list. But, I have not received it yet and she does not work on Sunday.

I'll let you know as soon as I can, though.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
I just received my first newsletter ever.
Thanks
Mary G

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
Would it be possible to have each persons current email address show on their "account" page, and a notation to indicate if it has bounced.

People could then just look at their own "account" page to check your email address for them is correct and not bouncing.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you are keeping a record or not, but I, too, received the newsletter Saturday night sometime.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob & All who were working on this matter.
I got the newsletter today.

Thanks again, Y'all
Barbara
(aka Bobbieann)

Barbara

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would it be possible to have each persons current email address show on their "account" page, and a notation to indicate if it has bounced.

People could then just look at their own "account" page to check your email address for them is correct and not bouncing.

I have asked that the bounce notice be added there. Have not heard back on that yet, though.

The only way you can display your account page is if you login using the proper email address. So, if you are unable to see your account page, then you do have the wrong email address. If you cannot get that corrected by remembering the prior email address you used when setting up the account, just send your name and new email address to PeggySue (support@LivingsoftNW.com) and she can look up your account by name and change the email address for you.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)