Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How do I find a specific pattern?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I find a specific pattern?
 Login/Join

posted
If I know the name of the pattern I want, how do I know which folder to look in (i.e., what folder would the scoop neck cap sleeve shirt be in?)? I haven't found a search function within Dress Shop 8. Is there one? Otherwise, is there a cross reference chart somewhere showing what folder contains what patterns? Thank you.

Posts: 9 | Location: lovethemgreys@aol.com | Registered: 26 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Start with
File
Load
on the upper right of this "menu" there is a search box.
Since this is definitly a Blouse start there
Click Blouse- enter the pattern name and voila- it will locate it for you.

the scoop neck cap sleeve design is under Casual fit.

when you arent sure what the fit level is or if its a special collection item and not a default item you can run the search feature under just My Patterns.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your quick response to my question, Kaaren. I must be missing something. When I go to File, Load Pattern the only things that show up are icons that say "go to last folder visited", "up one level", "create new folder", and the option to show thumbnails, tiles, icons, list and details". There is no search box. I'm running Dress Shop 8 Pro.

quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Start with
File
Load
on the upper right of this "menu" there is a search box.
Since this is definitly a Blouse start there
Click Blouse- enter the pattern name and voila- it will locate it for you.

the scoop neck cap sleeve design is under Casual fit.

when you arent sure what the fit level is or if its a special collection item and not a default item you can run the search feature under just My Patterns.

Kaaren

Posts: 9 | Location: lovethemgreys@aol.com | Registered: 26 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you retrieved your activation codes so the program is active and the default patterns are available.

If so you may need to use the scroll bar to locate the mypatterns folder.

The programs contain some base patterns and you have the opportunity to buy additional collections.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in the my patterns folder. There is no search box that I can see. I can go into blouses and still no search box. I have activated my software and am able to print out a pattern.

posted Hide Post
The search term is upper right in that menu from File>Load.

I recvd your request to apply for club membership but cant find your data from our main accounts page to confirm ownership. Kindly reply to my private email with your registered address.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
I think I've found the problem with the search box. I am running XP and it doesn't have that option. Windows 7 has the search box.

quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
The search term is upper right in that menu from File>Load.

I recvd your request to apply for club membership but cant find your data from our main accounts page to confirm ownership. Kindly reply to my private email with your registered address.

Kaaren