Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holiday Gift giving
 Login/Join

posted
Stuck for last minute gifts and dotn want to face the gridlock at the malls- or better yet want a less commerical gift for the season?

What can you make right from your stash or easily acquired fabricsfor extended family members where you don't have "full measurements".

From Hat Shop: Berets, cloches,caps and hoods
Purses of faux leather, suede,tapestry or evening bags of velvet

From Dress Shop or MPD:

Bathrobes, nightgowns, pajamas, hooded sweathshirts, polar fleece jackets,capes, shrugs, - use the measurement wizard or standard sizes to get "close enuff for jazz".....

heres a tip make tree skirts using the circle skirt on a chart with a 12-16 inch waist and make it knee length or mini length!Decorate as desired with applique, ribbons and trims or embroidery.Finish the center back seam but dont sew it for the opening.

NO pattern required: scarves, placements, table napkins, table runners, hand sketch a stocking, use a pattern or cut one out of pattern paper or newspaper- yes you can!.decorate as desired.

Tell us what you plan? to make for the holidays.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great ideas Kaaren,Im done my xmas shopping now though GGGG.showing off here hahaha.Im dress making for yours truly now, with my suit which I must decide on the embellishment first, prior to bagging the linnings. SmilerForgot I did make a tree skirt in past holidays for my DSD,edged with lace, it was quilted fabric christmas motifs all around.Plus DGK's had fleece hats and scarfs.This years project was for DSD, a metalic blouse with mandarin collar all sparkly,long sleeves with cuffs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Llantrisant,

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christmas has always been my busy sewing time. For years I've made the little ones in the family hoodies and pants from comfy fleece. I embroider initials or there favorite thing (unicorn) etc on the jacket. Fleece makes great scarves. Snow men or snow flakes embroidered with the initials are also a favorite.
I've made about every one I know Christmas stockings. I embroider little Christmas designs on the front and their name on the cuff of the stocking. (Don't forget to sew loops on the top to hang the stocking.)
I made my Christmas Tree skirt from a gored skirt pattern. I embroidered a Christmas scene on each panel. I've been using it for years. I also made a burgundy one and embroidered snow flakes in gold on it for my friend. She uses it every Christmas.
Have fun.
PS I'm making the next door neighbors Christmas stockings this year and one for their dog. SHHH don't tell them, it's a suprise.
Elaine

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds wonderful Elaine- the gored tree skirt with embroidery sounds sooooooo special!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post