Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Bodice sloper fit adjustment???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodice sloper fit adjustment???
 Login/Join

posted
I have a pretty good fit on my bodice sloper but I need a fraction more room at neckline (I did cut away the seam allowance.) I think I also need that same amount of length at the shoulder. So I assume that I need widening more than anything. A previous B. sloper neck was fine even though the Neck Circumference was smaller
1. Does the Across Shoulder front and Back affect the neckline opening?
2. Does the Shoulder Slope Front change anything about this area of fit?
I don't need a lot of change, but small fractions.

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Dress Shop Essential Patterns for Girls

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes very much
the across shoulder minus 2 times shoulder length = neck opening.
so if across shoulder front is 14 and shoulder length is 5.5 ...14-11 leaves only 3.5" for the neck opening front.

if the shoulder point is at the joint of the arm/shoulder then across shoulder is correct shorten the shoulder.

if the shoudler point is shy of the joint increase across shoulder .

make sense?
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it does make sense. Thank you Karen, you communicate these adjustments very well. Learning what changes affect other areas of in this software is facinating for me. I think the shoulder point is shy just a fraction, and I will try that first.

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Dress Shop Essential Patterns for Girls

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a learning process for sure,at times it has been very frustrating for me along the way,trying to wrap my brain around the changes, was always a challenge.Its amazing how 1 measurement, if not correct can offset another too!:0 Its so good we have classes to learn how and what changes can do.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post