Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Men's walking shorts pattern
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men's walking shorts pattern
 Login/Join

posted
DS7+ The waist band facing peices have a label stating to cut on fold but as is usual in other patterns there is no blue edge to indicate whether it is the short edge that goes on the fold or the long edge that goes on the fold. This is the first garment of this type that I have ever made so the lack of something that is common in the other patterns in the program has led to some uncertainty and I would like to know which way to lay these pieces before I cut even if it is a muslin test garment.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When in doubt put on the grid and view the pattern piece in 25 or 50% scale.

The men's walking short comes up with the "man" waistband consisting of a right and left side ( but does not have a s/a on the ONE short end where the two sides join at center back- it also has an interfacing piece which is also cut one right and one left or simply cut two. Each peice for a waist of ~40 inches is 20+

Start changing anything and the waist band reverts to a single piece designed to save paper printing for users cut on the fold- since this piece measures half the total waist to get the full length you would need to place one short end on the fold - this piece is only a little over 20 inches or half the necessary length.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure. I never turn the grid off because I find it useful for so many things including assembling the pages into pattern pieces. Thanks.

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post