New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double V Blouse
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All

I sent quite a long post yesterday but somehow I see it never got posted.

Anyways, my problem was this: I spent a fair bit of time this week getting my sloper to fit just right - the bodice is good, I need a bit of tweaking for the pants but still not too bad.The bodice was tight all the way through but it's my understanding that that is ok and the seams and darts were in the right places and sleeves were good. The only thing I changed and didn't recheck on a new sloper was the across front measurement - I reduced it slightly by 1/2" because there was a bit of a gape in my upper chest area.

Help!!!

Lori

So I decided to make the 'Double V Blouse from the new collection. The one change I wanted to make was I added bust darts to the blouse. What happend was when I did this the bust darts printed out way too high - almost in the armhole, and there is quite a wrinkle in the armhole area. Also - the hip area is too small for comfort. There is no ease in there at all. While I didn't save the pattern I am pretty sure that I added ease to the pattern around the hips. What did I do wrong? This is sooooo frustrating because I really looked forward to making something that finally fitted and then this. I feel somewhat discouraged. Of course this could be because we are in the midst of a nasty heat wave and my air conditioning has broken down and the new fan I bought yesterday doesn't work!

Posts: 8 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post