Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    anyone used front yoke successfully?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone used front yoke successfully?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone been able to make a front yoke, parallel to the shoulder line? It doesn't work in either the camp shirt or the fitted shirt for me, and I wondered if it worked for anyone?

Frustrated, and not just with the shirt.

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kathy,
The camp shirt does not have the front yoke activated- it is not a basic pattern with all the options. I am able to get a yoke parallel to shoulder line with the jewel neckline on the fitted shirt. I don't have the new patterns, but I did update to 6.10

Diana in Utah
DS Pro 6.12
Fashion Designer 1 & 2
Activewear Essential & 2
Spring & Summer 2005
DS Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Menswear Essential
Essential Lingerie, Ultimate Pants
Addon # 14, pattern set #1029

Posts: 10 | Location: Utah | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand about the camp shirt, but it doesn't work for me on the fitted shirt either.

Kathy

posted Hide Post
On the fitted shirt, asking for a front yoke, 1" below the shoulder point, parallel to the shoulder, gets a yoke 3" below the shoulder point and a figure-8 thingie in the neck where the center front line folds up on itself.

This happens in 6.092 and 6.10 after rebooting (cold) both computers. I really think the front yoke is broken.

Kathy Warner

posted Hide Post
yes, I see what you mean. It does not happen until you ask for parallel to shoulder line. The yoke pattern piece then goes wonky by the bottom line of the pattern slanting up past the top of the curved neck line. I get it even when I asked for 3" below the line.

Definitely needs to be checked. Have you sent in a problem report?
Linda Flint

Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Diane & Linda, for looking at this. I will send in a problem report.

Kathy Warner

posted Hide Post
quote:
It does not happen until you ask for parallel to shoulder line. The yoke pattern piece then goes wonky by the bottom line of the pattern slanting up past the top of the curved neck line. I get it even when I asked for 3" below the line.

I remember discussing this with Bob a long time ago so I'll try to explain. For the parallel to shoulder seam to work, the depth of the yoke must be come below the neck seam at centre front. The yoke can't split the neck seam line. It's always been like this - no change in this verison.
I've just done one on the fitted shirt and selected armscye - did not select depth - it works.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the fitted shirt, asking for a front yoke, 1" below the shoulder point, parallel to the shoulder, gets a yoke 3" below the shoulder point and a figure-8 thingie in the neck where the center front line folds up on itself.

This happens in 6.092 and 6.10 after rebooting (cold) both computers. I really think the front yoke is broken

What a yoke can and can NOT do.

A yoke can break into the arm scye at a given level.

A yoke CAN NOTALSO BREAK INTO THE NECKLINE.

The neckline must remain in tact under current code.

if you ask for a high yoke and the default is set at 1 inch below shoulder point
draw a line from that point over to center.
if the yoke line hits a neckline the prorgam will repeatedly redraft the yoke line till the yoke is below the neckline so ti can be stitched.

I believ that distance is a minimum of 1 inch.

So with a any neck that runs well below shoulder point the depth of the yoke will be dropped till the straight across line runs 1 inch below neck at center.

The mid arm scye yoke drops where expected unless you have a very deep front neck selected.

We would like a saddle shoulder yoke but have not yet finished the work on it.

Many very nice yokes can be created including western styles, curved yokes AS LONG AS rthe yoke center point IS LOWER than the center Neckline depth.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Diane & Linda, for looking at this. I will send in a problem report.

Kathy Warner
The answer is as posted earlier.The yoke will not run a straight line from arm hole to anywhere into a neck line.

The yoke will redraft until it is low enough to clear the bottom of the neck by 1 inch.

trying to force it higher simply will not work.
The yoke can NOT break into the neckline.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Janet,
If you select a depth you will see where the bottom seam line goes on its own merry trip straigt up past the top of the center front seam and looks funny. Maybe the solution is then to not have a depth selection for that choice.

It looks so obvious, that there will be no mistake that it needs to be fixed.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AHA!!!!!
I found out why. Like Kaaren said, the yoke cannot break into the neckline. So if you put in a number that is below your neckline depth amount it works fine.

The program creates the yoke by raising that bottom seam line to the amount you request for depth. If you put in any number above the amount of your neckline depth, the bottom seam moves up to accommodate that number. So depending on what your neck depth is and what number you input for the yoke break, you may or may not see a wonky seam.

Maybe a flag is needed there to not have any number below the neckline depth work. Or some kind of warning so that this nonproblem does not come up again.
Thanks,
Linda Flint

posted Hide Post
Thank you for reading my message, and for explaining why it doesn't work.

I have made the yoke with scissors & pencil, and am ready to sew.

Kathy Warner

posted Hide Post
would love to see a picture.

I also wish for an underbust yoke... hmmmmm

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
would love to see a picture.

I also wish for an underbust yoke... hmmmmm

I am trying to picture an underbust yoke, would that not then be an empire?

When does a yoke stop being a yoke and become a new design? LOL

Or do you mean a yoke with no underbust dart to hug the bustline. I think now I remember those designs, I am almost seeing it now.
Linda Flint

posted Hide Post
yep.but different from what we have now.....

shaped.....
think halter top with "cupping"
lingerie style empire
the udnerbust mimicing the shape of the lower edge of the lower bra cup.....

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com