New
Find
Notify
Tools

pants sloper
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,

My pants sloper is now fitting ok and I'm happy with it except that to get a comfortable crotch curve, which looks flat, I am left with a rise of material which starts at each back dart and rises towards the centre back seam where there is about 1 1/2 inches of unwanted material. If I get rid of this as part of the pattern prep it's fine.

Is this what I should do or is there an adjustment that would do it? I'm a bit nervous about disturbing the otherwise good fit.

If I just make a pencil adjustment what will happen when I make garments with elasticated waists. Has anyone any ideas?

You can tell I'm new at all this but I'm enjoying myself greatly. Kaarens classes are very informative and I'm working on my first blouse after the sloper.

My friend arrives from the UK on Saturday along with sewing supplies. I went to the only shop on the island today to get a lighter interfacing but she only has one kind and that's quite heavy so it's another thing I'll have to order in. Oh well, it's a small price to pay for living somewhere I love.

Happy sewing all of you.

Love Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pants sloper is now fitting ok and I'm happy with it except that to get a comfortable crotch curve, which looks flat, I am left with a rise of material which starts at each back dart and rises towards the centre back seam where there is about 1 1/2 inches of unwanted material. If I get rid of this as part of the pattern prep it's fine.

Sounds like your floor to waist is a bit too long.
and your crotch length is probably a bit too long.

1.5 inches is a lot of "peak" at center back and I would suggest adjusting it.

If the crotch is making a J shape in back reduce crotch length back.

emember floor to waist - inseam = rise or crotch depth.

if the crotch length is too logn the back crotch will J too short it will /

Kaaren

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post