Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

program speed
 Login/Join

posted
I've noticed my ds program running slower with the last couple of updates. This is the program itself, not the web site. When I start the program it takes a long time to load as well as a long time between screens if I change patterns etc.

Has the program become more graphic intensive recently. DS is the only program that runs slow on my system. I think I have plenty of RAM, but maybe my graphics card memory is not enough?
Are there minimum requirements for RAM and Video Card memory?

I have recently reformatted,and regularly clean up my system, so don't think that is the problem.

Just wondering if it is just me or if there is something I can do to speed things up.

TIA,K

Posts: 203 | Location: mailto:kaydavid@verizon.net | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kay,
I've had problems for quite a while with the speed of the program. Before I got a new graphics card, I could literally time 30-45 seconds between page changes. Speed has improved with my 64mg card but not enough, imho. I do need to get rid of some unused programs on my computer and am hoping that will help. I'm on cable and networked with my DH's computer, so I can't use the program off-line. Don't know if that make a difference or not.

Sue W.
DS6.11, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1, Ult. Outerwear, Fit Tool, All pattern sets through #1046, Add-ons 9,10,14

Sue W.
DS6.11, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1, Ult. Outerwear, Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie/Activewear, All pattern sets through #1046, Add-ons #9, #10, #14

Posts: 13 | Location: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not network savvy, but seems to me working with Dress Shop while online might slow down its performance. (Not sure because I haven't tried it.) I can open my web browser(s), go to File, and click on Work Offline. Can't you do this with cable on your PC?

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sue, I'm also networked, but have been for a very long time, so don't think that is the problem. I have even less memory on the video card than you do, so maybe that is the problem. If that is the case, I guess I may as well get used to a slow program. I won't be upgrading my system anytime soon. Frowner
Thanks for your input. It is nice to know I'm not the only one.
k

quote:
Originally posted by Sue W.:
Kay,
I've had problems for quite a while with the speed of the program. Before I got a new graphics card, I could literally time 30-45 seconds between page changes. Speed has improved with my 64mg card but not enough, imho. I do need to get rid of some unused programs on my computer and am hoping that will help. I'm on cable and networked with my DH's computer, so I can't use the program off-line. Don't know if that make a difference or not.

Sue W.
DS6.11, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1, Ult. Outerwear, Fit Tool, All pattern sets through #1046, Add-ons 9,10,14

Posts: 203 | Location: mailto:kaydavid@verizon.net | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Diane,
Haven't tried it - didn't know it was an option. I work strictly on a "need to know" basis, Smiler Will check it out. I'm sure you're right and the option is there - I'm not particularly computer literate!

Sue W.

Sue W.
DS6.11, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1, Ult. Outerwear, Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie/Activewear, All pattern sets through #1046, Add-ons #9, #10, #14

Posts: 13 | Location: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sue, I spoke too soon. I've just installed the 6.12 update and there does seem to be a delay in calling the pattern draft, and in the help files. There are a lot of photos in the help files and I think that's part of what's taking so long in that section. Also scrollbar at bottom of help articles make them a little difficult to read. Would be helpful to have them open in new browser window without the frame on the left, and to have a "Back" button so we could return to a previous page without having to restart the program. Sorry I wasn't able to help with the slow loading.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm on cable also,but it doesn't seem to slow down my computer,mind you its just over a year old,but yesterday, I got rid of some things i never use on here,that does help the speed.my speed is 2800MHz I have 65GB free space Ram is 512mb.No idea what to look at for my graphics card though lol.Plus all this puter chat is over my head.I have been getting a pop up saying my memory is low and should check it out.Hmmm weired eh?I was told thats just an advertizement doing that.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post