Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Making formal wear
 Login/Join

posted
I have DS Pro & My Pattern Designer. I make custom clothing (mostly bridal) & have been using both programs for quite a while. I do OK with the measurements but it’s the design part of the program I have difficulty with. I find I still have to do a lot of design drafting on my own to get the style I want. I guess my question is which program do you think will give me the best options for creating waistlines, fullness in skirts and creating a train? I don't see an option for a train in MPD.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 16 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SewingMom104:
I have DS Pro & My Pattern Designer. I make custom clothing (mostly bridal) & have been using both programs for quite a while. I do OK with the measurements but it’s the design part of the program I have difficulty with. I find I still have to do a lot of design drafting on my own to get the style I want. I guess my question is which program do you think will give me the best options for creating waistlines, fullness in skirts and creating a train? I don't see an option for a train in MPD.
Options then to shaping/finishing should give you a place to enter the amount for a train in MPD.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh -its in there, MPD would be my choice... basque waist line and trains. Train creation would be in shaping and finish..where all these settings may be applied.

Hemline Shaping
Flat Hemline
Curved In Front Only
Curved in Front & Back
Center Length Adjust
Adjusted length in front
Adjusted Length in back (trains)
Skirt Flare Settings
Flare Angle
Added length at center for the curve

check out MPD pattern #15212531
for a basque waist fitted bodice, flared skirt, add X or 36 inches in the back for extra length and get a 3 foot train....

adjust sleeve type, dimension, skirt flare etc and this is a pretty classic bridal ball type gown.

Have Fun!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very for the info. I have not had a chance to check this out yet. But I am happy to know "It's in there"! Thanks again.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 16 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post