Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    cap sleeve length adjustment?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cap sleeve length adjustment?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,
I am making blouse with cap sleeve but sleeve at default is too long--comes nearly to elbow. Any ideas on how to get a true cap sleeve? Do I just shorten the sleeve?

Thanks for any help.
Elizabeth

DS: all; MPD
XP sp2, IE6, HP7960

Posts: 34 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly which pattern are you using?
What extra ease settings are you using, if any (Standard, Comfort or Armhole ease)?

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what blouse what fit level.and which version are you using.??
K

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
casual scoopneck cap sleeve blouse; version 6.111.

I have gone ahead and shortened the sleeve more in the center than at underarm to get that "diagonal" like look of the cap sleeve. I would still love to know why the sleeve was so long at default! i.e. is there something I need to correct in my measurements??

Thanks,
Elizabeth

XP sp2, IE6, HP7960

Posts: 34 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cap sleeve on this garment is a straight hem, not raised at center like the cap sleeve raglan does..you may wish to print that sleeve and mimic the hem shape by tracing over.as to length..mine is a total of 6 inches from shoulder point which is a full 6+ inches shy of elbow....Id question arm hole depth if its that long.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you--will go to work on it overlaying raglan cap sleeve to current sleeve.

My current cap sleeve measures 8 3/8 inches from shoulder point to hemmed length. (Shoulder point to elbow for me is 12" as it is for you.)

I will go back to my class notes for arm hole depth and go thru process to see if I can find the error.

Thank you,
Elizabeth

XP sp2, IE6, HP7960

posted Hide Post
Note: overlay of raglan and adjustment was nearly the same as pencil adjustment I had made based on what looked good trying on the blouse with sleeve. Interesting and good to know about the two cap sleeve patterns.
Elizabeth

XP sp2, IE6, HP7960

posted Hide Post
Am reviewing sleeve drafting notes & yep--arm hole depth is too long by 1". Redrafted cap sleeve and length is now 7" instead of 8 3/8"--but I wonder why it isn't 6" like your cap sleeve length? (My bicep is 12".)
Elizabeth

XP sp2, IE6, HP7960