Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    not receive my order
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

not receive my order
 Login/Join

posted
I recently (March 13, 2011) upgraded to Dress Shop 8.05 purchased Dress Shop Fashion That Fits and Dress Shop Family CD. I have not received the CD or the Dress Shop Fashion That Fits book. Also if Dress Shop 9 upgrade would have been announce it was coming before I purchased 8.05 I would have waited for Dress Shop 9. It dosen't seem fair that I have to pay $69 for Dress Shop 9 so soon after upgrading to Dress Shop 8.05

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently (March 13, 2011) upgraded to Dress Shop 8.05 purchased Dress Shop Fashion That Fits and Dress Shop Family CD. I have not received the CD or the Dress Shop Fashion That Fits book. Also if Dress Shop 9 upgrade would have been announce it was coming before I purchased 8.05 I would have waited for Dress Shop 9. It dosen't seem fair that I have to pay $69 for Dress Shop 9 so soon after upgrading to Dress Shop 8.05

Livingsoft has received several complaints like this since the most recent upgrade was released. In every single case, the customer complaining had their email preferences set to not receive email from Livingsoft. Email offers, notices, and discounts are entirely separate from these forum posts. Discounts and offers depend on the email settings in your customer account. Your's are set to receive none.

If you have your account set to not receive such offers or notices, then you really should not feel it is unfair that you did not receive any. I will send you a copy of the offer that has already been made to others that have only recently upgraded to Dress Shop 8. If you wish to see these in the future, you really should change your Livingsoft customer account email settings.

Presumably you purchased the Dress Shop 8 upgrade because the value to you exceeded its cost. That is generally why people buy software upgrades. The same is true with the Dress Shop 9 upgrade. It's value is greater than what we are charging for it. There are new patterns, new tools, new designs, and new options. All of those involve considerable design work, development work, programming, testing, and basically just a ton of work and costs that Livingsoft must somehow recoup. That's why we charge for upgrades.

Upgrades are not produced or released frequently. The last one (Dress Shop 8) was released 18 months ago. It is only because you waited 18 months before you purchased it, that you are now concerned about the cost of the next upgrade coming so soon after you purchased. If you prefer to spread your purchases out, you certainly can wait another 18 months before you purchase this one. That choice is yours.

But, again, you really should not complain if you choose to wait that long, then another upgrade appears soon after. And, if you just don't want the upgrades, then simply don't buy them.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your response about the Dress Shop 9 but I also haven't received the Dress Shop Family CD and the book Dress Shop Fashion That Fits that I ordered.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post