Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New collection
 Login/Join

posted
We are in the final stages of beta testing for the new summer casuals quick sew group of patterns. Still a few littlwe artciles to write and get photos for.

This collection is just plain fun stuff.tops, skirts, dresses and "pants" like the new crop length, 1,2,3 easy one seam shorts and crops in various fit levels.

perfect collection for those without the tools, and extra patterns, or the time to learn how to use the tools.

Ive gotten tester reports that some items took less than 40 minutes to complete!

The camp shirt is the exception.I have to admit it went over 90 minutes ( took about an hour and 45 min. but I got picky on the collar).

There are several surplices which are those cute wrap front and the lariant tank/tube ( we still haven't found the right name) with directions on how to ease the dart take up onto a stay tape that takes about 9 seconds instead of sewing darts.

Well id better get back to work so this can release ON TIME and clean.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
We are in the final stages of beta testing for the new summer casuals quick sew group of patterns. Still a few littlwe artciles to write and get photos for.

Kaaren,
Do you know when we can see photos? And where will they be posted?
Thanks
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im not sure what date photos will be posted but there will be some by release date.Testers are working on them now.

Since it is 4th of July week we don't have our full "core" group of testers available.

Quite a few are travelling but still over an active dozen testers who never fail to amaze me with their dedication!

Some worked 4th of July!

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to sound stupid, but what exactly is a *camp shirt*?

Melinda Stone
Bixby, OK

DressShop Pro 6.10, Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie, Activewear, #1023
XP Pro, HP 720 printer

Posts: 7 | Location: Bixby, OK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Camp shirts have been around since the 60's or even before.
Its a Casual fit , short sleeved , rather boxy shirt, with a not too wide collar (2.5 inches no stand) , full front button placket, a single patch breast pocket, and the first button down from neck is usually at between across chest and high bust level. ( Often at high bust).

The key is an extended shoulder of approximatly 1 Inch.

if you go to any major department store site and enter a search term of camp shirt in womens blouses you will undoubtedly find one.

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
i forgot to add that we have doneanother one with the same fit level but uses the fitted side seam meaning less "stuff" under the arm and a side dart for those that really want a side dart.
These both coem with a disclaimer that it may well take more than 90- minutes to construct.

I did mine in 1hr45 minutes but I got fussy over the collar.topstitching it.

Interfaced the button placket and had to find the right interfacing which was still in a packing box and hand sewed on buttons and hand hemmed. Yea I cheated and serged most of it rather than french seaming it.

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
i forgot to add that we have doneanother one with the same fit level but uses the fitted side seam meaning less "stuff" under the arm and a side dart for those that really want a side dart.
These both coem with a disclaimer that it may well take more than 90- minutes to construct.

I did mine in 1hr45 minutes but I got fussy over the collar.topstitching it.

Interfaced the button placket and had to find the right interfacing which was still in a packing box and hand sewed on buttons and hand hemmed. Yea I cheated and serged most of it rather than french seaming it.

Hmmmm... is this like Dominos guarantee, if it is not done in 90 minutes we get the shirt for free? Big Grin

Seriously, as always for me it is more important to get a good fit than how long it takes for me to make something, but I understand that this is how you are marketing this package.

Frankly, it takes me probably 1/2 hour to print and tape the pattern together, true the seams, check the seam allowances, check my darts, cut out the pattern before I lay it out, etc. All this before I even begin the cutting and sewing. If I had to time it, I would really be throwing your curve off!
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, now I know! Have several shirts like that, just didn't know that is what they are called. Thanks for the info Kaaren.

Melinda Stone
Bixby, OK

DressShop Pro 6.10, Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie, Activewear, #1023
XP Pro, HP 720 printer

Posts: 7 | Location: Bixby, OK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren I see from your post that the photos are not ready yet, please do you (or Bob) have any news on whether the update to enable the preview is likely to be available before the 11th, bearing in mind that it is now the weekend?

Thanks
Anne

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really cant answer that.i need the photos back and edited from the testers who are workign as hard and fast as they can.

we want to give you a good product not a rushed on.

The last couple days before release are always a bit crazy.....will do what we can.

patrns4u@aol.com