Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Printer help please!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printer help please!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi

I'm printing off patterns on a standard cartridge printer and I'm having a lot of trouble lining the dots up. Confused

If I put a piece of paper with the dots printed on underneath, they are not in exactly the right place, nor do the sheets line up, I have to offest them to build the pattern.

Page setting is A4, Auto, margins L & R 0.5, top and bottom 0.75.
Confused
The printer is just a standard hp jack of all trades, master of none Smiler

Is there something silly that I have forgotten to set or change or is it just my printer?

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anne wrote: "Page setting is A4, Auto, margins L & R 0.5, top and bottom 0.75"

Anne

I have similar problems with the printing - I've never figured if it was a metric issue - most likely, HP issue, the way I put my paper in the printer or something else.

I've learned to live with it - patterns work out just fine. I construct the pattern as follows:
    Put together first vertical column
    To do the second column match across the vertical lines on the registation marks, seam lines, horizontals and verticals as printed on the pattern

This works fine for me on an HP1000 laserjet.

Posts: 71 | Location: Melbourne, Aust | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post