Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Print disabled
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I just downloaded 9.06 (I had 9.04) and the print function is not colored; it is all white so I can't print. I know it's not a DS9 problem because I have DS9 on two computers and my Win7 displays properly. Would I be wise to download 9.06 again? I did turn orr anti-virus while installing. Or should I download the entire build? Thanks for any ideas.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 04 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sorry to ask the obvious- after downloading and installing, dif you go to File>settings, set your preferences, page set up for the printer AND retrieve your codes... if you did all that and still have a problem you may have a corrupted file and should download again.

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi, I just downloaded 9.06 (I had 9.04) and the print function is not colored; it is all white so I can't print. I know it's not a DS9 problem because I have DS9 on two computers and my Win7 displays properly. Would I be wise to download 9.06 again? I did turn orr anti-virus while installing. Or should I download the entire build? Thanks for any ideas.

Not sure what you mean by "all white". There are two methods in Dress Shop to print a pattern. One is the print icon on the icon bar. If you have loaded a pattern you own, it will look like a printer. If you do not have a loaded pattern that you own, it will have a big red "X" on it.

In the file menu, there is another option to print. When you have loaded an owned pattern, it should be black. If you have not loaded an owned pattern, it is greyed out, meaning it is not then available. When you first run Dress Shop, there is a default sample pattern displayed. That is not anything you own, just a start-up decoration. Use "File - Load Pattern" to load something you own and it should turn black.

And, as Kaaren commnented, you do need to activate Dress Shop before anything will print. Use "File - Activate Products" to get your desktop program to check what you own and enable those patterns for use.

I hope something in this laundry list of possibilities includes your need....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post