Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    skirting-pants sloper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

skirting-pants sloper
 Login/Join

posted
What is skirting? I have extra folds of fabric in front crotch top legs. I see one like it in the photo from f weigand in the Quiltropolis site ( pants sloper 2 folder ) Which measurement should I add or subtract from?
Thank you
MJ

Posts: 12 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MJ,
Are these vertical or horizontal folds?
How close to the crotch are they?
Linda F

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjmc:
What is skirting? I have extra folds of fabric in front crotch top legs. I see one like it in the photo from f weigand in the Quiltropolis site ( pants sloper 2 folder ) Which measurement should I add or subtract from?
Thank you
MJ

MJ,
I took a look at the photo you referred us to see. While I am not the expert, I believe I remember that this means that your crotch "Break" number is too high, not crotch length, but crotch break. Try lowering that number in the crotch tool a tad and see if that works. I believe that is what worked for me. And by lowering the number, I mean make it a deeper number, if it is 7, try 7.25 or 7.5, etc.
Linda F

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are vertical folds--on both sides of the crotch. I will also go look at the crotch tool--Thanks !!
mj

posted Hide Post
I forgot to say they were right on top inside leg--like curtains !
mj

posted Hide Post
check all
floor to waist conformed front IF the front is above waist
if not start with crotch length
and crotch extension based on body depth

skirting is excess fabric in the frotn crotch above the curve and is almost always assosicated with a too long crotch length.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post