Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    The EASE thing.......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The EASE thing.......
 Login/Join

posted
We all tussle with ease, don't we?

I ran across a great article from the "Threads" magazine site that might help. Link: http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00151.asp

It's a bit outdated (DressShop 4 is mentioned in the "Ease Guidelines") but this article addresses the learning curve that anyone who deals with one of these pattern drafting programs needs to go through.

Barb Levy
barb073@msn.com

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The advantage we have now with DS6 is that we can turn on grid AND reference lines to measure how much default or design ease is included and where we want to add or subtract it between the end of the reference line and seam line. There is also an optional Fit Tool that gives us options for No Design Ease at all, Standard Fit (per design), Casual Fit, or Comfort Fit. - Diane

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Diane, you and I know that! Smiler

I thought this article gave a good summary of the curve one most go through to be successful with this, or any other pattern program. Let's face it, it just is not as simple as taking measurements and getting a good-fitting sloper.

Barb Levy

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to see they compared DS4. Wow this must be an old article? We have come a long way with ease since DS4. Fit tool etc.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post