livingsoftnw.groupee.net
Side seam ?

This topic can be found at:
https://livingsoftnw.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/700108521/m/868101422

08 August 2005, 04:02 PM
Darlene
Side seam ?
I've made several tops and have noticed that my side seams, look like they are longer than the front and back. Could my armhole depth be too long or should I shorten my side seam. If I change it, the 1" difference from the front and back armhole will change. TIA

Darlene
08 August 2005, 06:27 PM
Kaaren Hoback
Side seams must match..which garments are you working with.

Also regarding club memberships.I dont have email or full name to verify DS ownership.whioch I do for every applicant.

I made a promise to those users showing their sloper pictures that this club is limited to DS Owners....so I actually verify each application.

Please send me full name and or email address under which you are registered and I would be happy to finish the approval process.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com
08 August 2005, 07:14 PM
Darlene
actually the front and back side seams do match, they just seem too long (i.e. from a side view the front and back hem match, but the side seam is longer). Right now I'm working with the darted camp shirt using a Challis fabric. But, I noticed it when I made a casual princess top too. On the fitted knit tops I've made this hasn't been a problem.

Darlene
09 August 2005, 07:49 AM
InspiredSewing
Don't change measurements for this.
The side seams hanging longer than center front or center back is possibly a combination of the drafting, garment ease and the type of fabric used. Trim the excess from the side seam hem in a shallow scoop to nothing at CF or CB to correct the garment.

The pattern drafts the hems horizontally and if you have a noticable waist/hip difference this will angle the side seam and make a point at the side seam hem. True your pattern - butt the front and back together at the side seams stitch line and smooth the hemline, trimming this point off. For more on truing patterns go to http://www3.telus.net/inspiredsewing ; Patternmaking/Truing Patterns.

If the garment has a lot of ease, this mostly hangs at the sides where it is unsupported by the shoulders or body, thus it droops. A soft fabric like challis will also droop more than a firm cotton.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop