Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Release of DS 7
 Login/Join

posted
Congrats on new release. I have DS Pro 6 with all the Design tools. From what I can tell, those design tools give me the added features in DS 7. What should DS 6 Pro w/ design tools do in this type of situation? I like to keep up with the newest and best :-) , but don't see the benefit of paying $$$ to upgrade for things I already have.
Sorry if I'm jumping the gun on this and future notifications will cover this.
Thanks.
Lettie now in NC
DS Pro Fashion Designer Suite (6.18), Fashion Designer 1 & 2, Fit Tool, Spring & Summer 2005 Collection, Princess Designer, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants, all patterns sets thru 1044 + 1046.

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Lettie and others with the same questions- I was waiting till this morning to talk about DS7 and I am really excited about it. There is no secret that I am a strong proponent of MPD but DS has tools that I still use. I USE both and enhancing Dress Shop is a great idea.

DS7 offers the tools that are not part of DS6 but sold separatly in addition there are also a lot of new pattern possibilities.

We now have added the possibility to add a group of necklines such as cami,tank, henley, polo, golf and BIBS to garments. The bibs apply to waisted garments such as jump suits and waisted dress's. You can take a shell and add a cami neck and alter the garments length which you could not do before- we had one camisole in lingerie and ti had a set length and dimension.

Many of these "new" necklines and elements will be hot in the coming months- if you have been watching the Fashion weeks around the world many are showing for Spring/Summer 2007 and now you have the drop on those design elements!

(The ballerina neck with round collar is gonna be in big time! as one simple example. and it is not too late to make your kids snow pants with a bib for this winter)

There are a pile of new collars as well - a 1 piece scallop, 2 piece scallop, a round collar and a square collar.

New sleeves include a ruffle, a puff and a puff with elastic casing.

The pattern conversion tools allows you to change ANY pattern to a "man" pattern.

There's more than enough in here to justify upgrading to DS7 even if you have all the pattern collections and all the tools epsecially with the discounts offered to current DS owners!

Have FUN!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw your email on the release of DS7 and it let me download version 7. I assume if I install it I will get a demo version. As a owner of DS6 deluxe and all the tools what price do I have to pay for version 7?

Posts: 16 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just saw your email on the release of DS7 and it let me download version 7. I assume if I install it I will get a demo version. As a owner of DS6 deluxe and all the tools what price do I have to pay for version 7?

There are now many variations of Dress Shop out there and the cost to upgrade to Dress Shop 7 varies with each of them. The price is also lower if you have purchased tool packages that are now included with the core Dress Shop program.

To see what discount you are eligible for, here are two quick ways to check:

1. Click on the "Add to cart" button for DS7 Standard or Pro. When you get to the shopping cart, log in with your user email and password and the cart SHOULD calculate the appropriate discount that you are due. Just look and see, then you can leave without checking out while you consider your upgrade.

2. Or, much cooler. Go to the Dress Shop 7 upgrade page (see link below). In the little menu at the left, choose the product you own for the left column and you should see not only your price, but also exactly what features are added if you get DS7 Standard or Pro. The comparison chart is pretty interesting to play with. Be sure to look over the Dress Shop 4 and 5 charts, too. It is quite amazing what has been added in each version over the years. Here's the link:

Dress Shop 7 upgrade costs and features

Hope that helps...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are now many variations of Dress Shop out there and the cost to upgrade to Dress Shop 7 varies with each of them. The price is also lower if you have purchased tool packages that are now included with the core Dress Shop program.

Very, very sorry. But, I was informed that an additional discount for owning tools is NOT included in the DS7 upgrade offers at this time. There are just too many combinations of Dress Shops versus which tools may be owned to make any sense of it. I'm sorry that I was mis-informed on that part of the upgrade pricing....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:
Bob I can't seem to be able to see the price list for this,it looks like a black stamp over the price on my computer here,not very visable at all,is there any way I can view it more clearly?TIA. Smiler

Very, very sorry. But, I was informed that an additional discount for owning tools is NOT included in the DS7 upgrade offers at this time. There are just too many combinations of Dress Shops versus which tools may be owned to make any sense of it. I'm sorry that I was mis-informed on that part of the upgrade pricing....

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already have all the Princess dresses and from what I can see in DS7 Standard, I would lose a lot of them, so sorry, for $100 I will not be upgrading at this time. I feel I already have more then what DS7 looks like it will offer me, unless the patterns from DS 6 can be used in DS7.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I already have all the Princess dresses and from what I can see in DS7 Standard, I would lose a lot of them, so sorry, for $100 I will not be upgrading at this time. I feel I already have more then what DS7 looks like it will offer me, unless the patterns from DS 6 can be used in DS7.

NO NO,.......you DO NOT loose any collection you all ready own.never ever..........you still own them! You would get the new necklines, collars, sleeves and the converter to mens but you dotn loose a thing. All my owned patetrns , collections still work!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bob I can't seem to be able to see the price list for this,it looks like a black stamp over the price on my computer here,not very visable at all,is there any way I can view it more clearly?

I don't know, Freda. The buttons that have the upgrade prices on them are black text on a reddish background. Is your monitor not able to display red? I don't know why else it would all look black.

Sorry that this is a long list, but here are the upgrade prices for Dress Shop 7, based on which DS version you may own:

Cost of DS7 Standard if you own:

Nothing $200
DS1-DS2.5 $150
Any DS4 $125
Any DS5 $100
DS6 Basic, Stand, Deluxe $60
DS6 Pro $30

Cost of DS7 Pro if you own:
Nothing $450
DS1-DS2.5 $250
Any DS4 $250
Any DS5 $200
DS6 Basic, Standard or Deluxe $150
DS6 Pro $60

If you own any tool products*, deduct $10 for each. But, minimum upgrade price is $30.

This last discount for tools owned is not yet in the online shopping cart, but should be later today. If you need / want the tool discount, you can order by phone or wait till tomorrow to get it online.

* the tool products are Fashion Designer 1, Fashion Designer 2, Princess Designer, and the Fit Tool.

I think that covers the lot....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DressShopBob,

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob it does show up, just hard to see it against the red need new glasses me thinks GGGG.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Bob it does show up, just hard to see it against the red need new glasses me thinks GGGG.

I'm revising that page just now anyway. The DS4 and DS5 upgrade prices to DS7 Standard were not showing up correctly. I'll make it more readable at the same time....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
That chart of upgrade prices was unreadable as posted. And, the amounts for several of the owned products were not correct. Here it is again, with those corrections and hopefully in a more readable form...

Cost of DS7 Standard if you own:

Nothing $200
DS1-DS2.5 $150
Any DS4 $125
Any DS5 $100
DS6 Basic, Stand, Deluxe $60
DS6 Pro $30

Cost of DS7 Pro if you own:

Nothing $450
DS1-DS2.5 $250
Any DS4 $250
Any DS5 $200
DS6 Basic, Standard or Deluxe $150
DS6 Pro $60

If you own any tool products*, deduct $10 for each. But, minimum upgrade price is $30.

* tool product include Fashion Designer 1, Fashion Designer 2, Princess Designer, and The Fit Tool.

Hope this is clearer...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
I currently own DS 6 Pro along with all of the tools. When I go to checkout, the price shown is $60. Is that correct? If I understand this posting correctly, wouldn't the price be $30 since I own all of the tools?

Thanks,
Renee WUenstel

Posts: 97 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Anna R>
posted
rjw
I was think the same way you are thinking. I should I have pay only $30 instead of $60. I do have all the tools also.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I currently own DS 6 Pro along with all of the tools. When I go to checkout, the price shown is $60. Is that correct? If I understand this posting correctly, wouldn't the price be $30 since I own all of the tools?

yes- the store is being worked on, in the meantime you can call the 800 # to order.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com